Marlin Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictured below is my Browning Buck Mark. The Buck Mark pistol is a semi-automatic designed with a straight blowback action, and is crafted using aluminum alloy. The gun uses .22 Long Rifle ammunition, with a magazine holding ten rounds. The gun comes with a thumb safety as well as front and rear iron sights. I have also equipped mine with a red dot scope...

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I've heard good things about the Buckmark. Never owned one but everything I've heard has been positive.
In the past, I've owned a Citori, a Signature Model BT-99, a 1954 Belgium A-5 and last but not least, a Mod. 92 chambered for 44 mag.
I really liked the mod. 92 except for the top ejection and the fact that I'm having major problems with seeing iron sights. Then a close friend of mine liked it more than me. Now it lives at his house.
I'm a firm believer in spreading the joy of having a new toy. Especially with close friends.

·
Banned
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Grey...and that is very nice of you to take care of a friend like that...goes around, comes around !!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
As you all are beginning to discover, I've owned a lot of different guns but in the past few years have been winding down.
I'll soon be 65 and if I had known that I would live this long, I'd taken better care of myself. I'm in good shape for the shape I'm in. :eek: My life resembles the commercial about "Low T' :p and my eye sight is beginning to fail. That is why I have trouble with iron sights and have mounted scopes or reflex sights on my guns.
Anyway, the hunting has slowed and my collection has dwindled. Still got a few that meet my immediate needs and time at the range is still enjoyable. There isn't enough stamina for stomping through the woods like I did back in the 70s, 80s, & 90s. The Lord has blessed me richly and I'm better off than some that are my age. For that I'm thankful.
Maybe that is why I enjoy this forum so much. I get to share in the joys of those who share in my interest. :D

·
Banned
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...and there it is in a nutshell. I'll be retired four years in April (2012) after serving 32 years with the DoD. It wasn't just a job, it was a pleasure that took me all over this great country of ours. A duty fulfilled and an honor to serve...but now it's all about enjoying the time I have left...and that's exactly what I'm doing !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts