Can anyone understand the Marlin site?

Discussion in 'General Marlin Discussion' started by Steelbanger, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Steelbanger

Steelbanger New Member

I just noticed that Marlin has somewhat updated their web site. They have the 2013 Catalog on-line now, complete with suggested retail prices. Looking it over the only Cowboy model I see is the 1894 in 45 Colt (the only chambering shown). Missing, among others, is the 1895 Cowboy in 45-70.

When you go back to the home page and click on the rifles on the left, that listing shows the three 1894 chamberings and the 1895 Cowboy 4570. So take your choice, either they are or are not making those models. Marlin also has some type of twitter contest which ran until October 2012.

You'd think they would try to keep things current but apparently they have their hands full trying to recapture the Marlin tradition.
  2. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what they are doing...I don't think they are either. I followed the links to their 1895 models until I got to the 45-70 Cowboy. Then when you go to the retailer they have listed on their site no rifles are available. Hard telling what rifles they are 'really' making now.

3. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

I havent gone on there latly Ill have to look it over
  4. Irish

Irish Active Member

Yeah at least it's easy enough to get to the bolt guns though
  5. Rooster59

Rooster59 Well-Known Member

QC on their website matches the work coming out the shipping door.