Checking in

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by hombre243, Sep 6, 2013.

1. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Hey all,
    Back in Iowa. I am not able to set up my computer yet so I have to use a library computer for awhile.

I did find work driving but now I have to get my eyes fixed or get some pop bottle eyeglassess before I can get my CDL. Appointment today at 1 pm. It is slow gettin back on m feet but I am gettin there.

I will be back asap but cant say when.

later
    Hombre243

2. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Welcome back Good luck

3. glock26USMC

glock26USMC Well-Known Member Supporting

Welcome back !!

Thread moved to "General Chit Chat"

4. 444Hal

444Hal Well-Known Member

Did you think about something like a Kindle "Fire" tablet ? It'll hook up to free WiFi and it's every where now (fast food, coffee & doughnut shops) only $200 new! With my eyes, it's a lot better than those smart phones. BTW: for a hundred more you can get one of those Samsung "Chrome". They're like a laptop version of a smartphone. Same thing, you can hook up to the internet at any place that has free WiFi.

5. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

6. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Welcome back compadre! Couple months ago I bought a Samsung Galaxy at Wally World for $120. It cost $45/month for an unlimited time card, but that is cheaper than a phone contract!
    Its good to hear from you!

7. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

We're glad to hear from you!

8. hombre243

Kindle Fire HD

Yep Hal,
    I got one when I knew it was going to be awhile before I got back online. But my bad eyes cant see the fine print on the small screen.

That is the next news I want to post...I need cataract surgery. I also have a driving job as soon as I get that done and can get my CDL. I had the exam Friday...09/06 and am scheduled for a surgeons consult so he/she can give me the scoop on what is going to be done. That is on the 17th. I will know when the surgery is on that day so as soon as I know whats up I will post again. I am lookin forward to being able to see the sights again. My left eye is ok but I got a really bad right one...it is like lookin through wax paper.

I cant wait for this to be done. The squirrels and rabbits are over running the place and the coydogs are hot on their tails.

Now that I am used to shootin with my left eye, I am wondering if I can shoot a runnin rabbit with one eye and a coydog out of the other?:D

Oh...and thaks for the comment. I appreciate them all.

9. hombre243

oon as I can get my eyes workin right...

Hey Gumpy,
    Good to be back. Hopefully I will be workin again. As soon as I have my cataract surgery I should be able to avoid all them obstacles I keep hittin. Hopefully.:eek:

10. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Good luck mon! You're still on my prayer lost!