Marlin Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
If it did the Marine Corps, Navy, Army would have fallen apart MANY, MANY years ago...:D The argument has been raised on every forum in existence and is split 50-50.

I used to wrap my Military inspection brass in a Brasso soaked rag and store it for LONG periods of time and only wipe it down prior to an Inspection. My Inspection brass lasted for a lot of years....until I retired actually. The Ammonia (the offending Chemical) in Brasso is pretty dilluated and evaporates pretty quick. A little added to tumbling compound or wiped on and off with a rag (I don't believe) will do any harm. Just another Internet Legand...IMO:rolleyes: And I have yet to have seen a piece of damaged brass proven to have been caused by Brasso...Lots of "yes it does" BUT NO HARD EVIDENCE...Just "I've heard Tell"...Like all those fuzzy pictures of Big Foot that look a lot like my second cousin.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.