Companies that you trust

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by FOUR4D4, Sep 19, 2012.

1. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I have used many (not all) of the suppliers that have been mentioned.
    Just a comment; I prefer Midway USA over Cabella's. I have found the service to be equal but Midway's prices are better.
    Another Outlet that I frequent is Gander Mt. Even though their used gun prices are way too high, everything else is competitively prices and the selection is exceptional. Everything from new guns, ammo selection and reloading supplies. A good selection of Black Powder supplies. We have 2 stores in my area and they are both 50 miles away. If I let my want list accumulate, I'll make the trip. They usually have what I want - and more.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  2. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

I like Midway but they have so many hiden charges :eek:

3. 375hunter

375hunter Member

Just bought a speedloader for my cz p-07 duty 9mm from Midway. Service was fast. Got to my house ahead of schedule. Will use Midway USA more often now.

4. timcfi

timcfi New Member

Cedar Valley Outfitters in Marion, IA.
    Palo Outdoors in Palo, IA

5. FOUR4D4

I would like to add Cabelas

6. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Just got off the phone with S&W. Been trying to find recoil buffer pads for my model 22A-1. NOBODY has them. Smith said they were out also. 6 weeks est. restock time. Rep said he had some in his drawer. Took my address and will send them to me.....THATS SERVICE !!

7. FOUR4D4

I have had good luck with Smith and Wesson

8. TroubledOne

TroubledOne New Member

Inherited a S&W K-Frame Revolver, the cylinder would not advance. Called S&W after finding the problem, they sent me a new Hand Free of Charge. :cool:

9. mrwintr

mrwintr Active Member

Ditto, Midway has higher than most shipping charges, I don't do much business with them now because of the shipping costs.

10. artbrownsr

artbrownsr Well-Known Member Supporting

We've had Sportsman's ware house here a few years, now Bass pro shop is opening in a month or two, and Cabela's is due to finish construction this spring or early summer. All right here in Anchorage !

11. SWO1

Headed to Bass Pro this morning in Springfield. They just opened the NRA Gun Museum, might take that in while there. Want to pick up a range bag. Going to a pistol shoot end of the month. Of course will look around and see what all I can find......:D

12. FOUR4D4

13. SWO1

You were a NO-SHOW FOUR...took the wife instead. Went to breakfast at Hemmingways at the top of the 3 story waterfall with grizzly bear and big horn sheep up the rock face...Beautiful. Took the glass elevator up. Breakfast buffet is great. Night dinners have all kinds of critters, alligator, buffalo, ect. If ya ever get to Springfield Mo, a must see. Largest tourist attraction in the State.

Got my 3-gun range bag...$63...not a bad deal. Picked up a box of Hornady 150gr SPFB bullets...ONLY thing they had reasonable.....Nosler was over twice the price....NO WAY. Also got some Small Pistol Mag primers (500) CCI, don't need many, just enough to load some hunting loads for a friend of mine .357. Got the last 600 large pistol primers they had (Winchester) for the .45, got quite a few but figured while I was there......:p Im all stocked up on small pistol and large and small rifle. Hardly any powder, only thing I use was Titegroup and I have plenty of that.

While on that end of town went by Grizzly tool. Had to get another set of sharping wheels of the knives. Flat dab wore mine out. If I don't get my hunting knives redone will be gnawning the hides off this year. Also got a small drill press to put in my reloading workshop. Tired of going out to the big shop and using the big drill press. They had a nice one on sale.....30% off.

Stopped by Wally World on the way home and picked up a Center Point 4X16 scope to go on the Wizzard .308. Will take the Tasco 3X9 and chuck it in the trash. Have had it on numerous guns last few years and it wont stay zeroed. Don't know why I keep it...ITS HISTORY. Also have a Bass Pro RedHead 3X9 we took off my Nephews Win 300 a few years back. Windage and Elevation knobs just spin....why I have kept it I don't know either....its gone today also. FALL SHOP CLEANING.....:p