Marlin Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Prayers for those in the "Gun Free Zone" shooting. Ain`t being defenseless wonderful

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Definite thoughts and prayers for the victims and their families. The Lefty news reporters kept telling us that the bad guy had an AR-15 and now we know that it was a shotgun, and a pistol that he took off one of his victims. You can't regulate crazy and I do believe that some of those news people looked disappointed that it wasn't an AR.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I remember when I was a kid, (long time ago) there were Insane asylums.

Families,would see to it that family members, that couldnt function in society, were put somewhere that could take care of them, and they werent out in society ,where they couldnt cope, or take care of themselves. Or harm people.

Does that sound cruel, or just the opposite.

Did political correctness cause us to stop that, and just ignore these people?

I dunno.

I guess its easier just to blame guns.:rolleyes:

Jim

·
Registered
725 Posts
Jim

There is some sense in what you are staying !
Congratulations for having a dip at engaging an answer.

Do you realise that it's cheaper for Governments to let these people out into society, and mop up after they make a bloody big mess.

Governments, both yours and mine, have a lot to answer for. They do not debrief War Veterans enough, but even so it's a whole lot more than hey did at the end of WW1 and WW2, and I still remained puzzled as to why similar mass shootings didn't happen then, or were we being "Shielded" from the truth ?

It may well be the drug problem, which has the effect of frying the brains of any basic logic, especially with some of the crap that is available on the streets these days. This stuff, in a person who needs some help, after returning from fighting, has added explosive mix.

Then again the massacre of al those poor little kids, a while Bach just blows that theory out of the water.

Where are we heading as a society ?
That's the bit that scares me !

·
Registered
725 Posts
Jim

There is some sense in what you are staying !
Congratulations for having a dip at engaging an answer.

Do you realise that it's cheaper for Governments to let these people out into society, and mop up after they make a bloody bid mess.

Governments, both yours and nine, have a lot to answer for. They do not debrief War Veterans enough, but even so it's a whole lot more than hey did at the end of WW1 and WW2, and I still remained puzzled as to why similar mass shootings didn't happen then, or wee we being "Shielded" from the truth ?

It may well be the drug problem, which has the effect of frying the brains of any basic logic, especially with some of the crap that is available these days. This stuff in a person who needs some help, after returning from fighting, has added explosive mix.

Then again the massager of al those poor little kids, a while Bach just blows that theory out of the water.

Where are we heading as a society ?
That's the bit that scares me
Sorry about the spelling mistakes

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I remember when I was a kid, (long time ago) there were Insane asylums.

Families,would see to it that family members, that couldnt function in society, were put somewhere that could take care of them, and they werent out in society ,where they couldnt cope, or take care of themselves. Or harm people.

Does that sound cruel, or just the opposite.

Did political correctness cause us to stop that, and just ignore these people?

I dunno.

I guess its easier just to blame guns.:rolleyes:

Jim
It depends. I grew up in Mental Institutes. My mother was a hospital administrator and I was forced to go up there and play with kids with issues to help acclimate them.

We need healthcare reform. We need people that are a danger to themselves and others to be segregated, and we need a system that supports that.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
It depends. I grew up in Mental Institutes. My mother was a hospital administrator and I was forced to go up there and play with kids with issues to help acclimate them.

We need healthcare reform. We need people that are a danger to themselves and others to be segregated, and we need a system that supports that.
Now we know Austins problem, he never new what NORMAL was.:D
BUT that's ok as any thing out there that is normal usually does NOT include me!

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
With this incident they are again calling for MORE LAWS, MORE LEGISLATION, DISCUSSION, MORE OVERSIGHT.

Everything was in place to prevent this. Mental health...Ignored. Plea for help by the bad guy....ignored. His problems NOT reported to the system in place. "ALL CONTROLED BY THE GOVERMENT. Security Checks, Gun checks. If what was there was used, never would have happened.

The Government is BROKE, More legislation IS USELESS. I HAVE "0", NONE, ZILCH belief that these IDIOTS could pour pi$$ out of a boot with the instructions on the bottom of the sole.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
If you give me a little heads up I might be able to schedule some time and activities ( Shootin', wildlife viewin, wandering the outdoors, fishin')
You better watch offers like that Art, there are a lot of us who suffer from "middle age" that long for the wilds of Alaska!

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
You better watch offers like that Art, there are a lot of us who suffer from "middle age" that long for the wilds of Alaska!
The offer is GENUINE I will try to show you Alaska as I know it, to any one of you guys or a group of us together, I only require you pay your way and I'll pay mine, I'll provide the knowledge and the wheels!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
If you give me a little heads up I might be able to schedule some time and activities ( Shootin', wildlife viewin, wandering the outdoors, fishin')
Dangit. Now you got me all excited to go to Alaska. As a Texan I aspire to be an Alaskan.

You guys are the pinnacle of awesome manliness. Texas comes in second, but we have more creature comforts and technology.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts