Deer Stands !!

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by SWO1, Oct 10, 2012.

1. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

That's ok bucky, people confuse us all the time. We had "different parents"

2. SWO1

It's ok my me 1894, I enjoy ALL OF IT...........:D

3. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Settle down Mate !
    Not too much "hang schyte" !

4. SWO1

Cleaned out the main deer stand today. With it buttoned up dont know how those critters get in ? Lots of nuts and chewed up stuff and bird droppings.
    Just sat there for about an hour watching the leaves fall with a steady rain of brown and gold. With the little storm early this morning I love that fresh smell in the woods. Here are a few pics of views and inside. Although there are still a lot of leaves on can tell a big difference from 3 weeks ago. I can see out to my 126 yard tree, of course to the end of my main shooting lane to 99 Yards and most all areas out to about 40-50 yards. By start of season should be good all the way around.

Still have to put a riser under the new swivel seat in south stand as it is too low. Also have a new camo enclosure to put around the oldests stand and put the top cover back on. GETTIN CLOSE.

Attached Files:

5. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

Looks good SWO1 !!

6. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

Great pics !! Looks like a great area :)

Your chair comment , reminded me that I should try and see if my " recliner" is still out there :cool:

Finding it again is the tough part .

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  7. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Looks GREAT!!
    I'm envious. :D

8. SWO1

This is a great look spot 1894 !! Is it this years pic ? If so you're leaves are a lot futher along gettin off than mine. While sitting there today I could'nt help but think if they are falling like today during the season (which they have before) it gonna make it REAL HARD to pick up those little subitle movements that I depend on to spot the deer in the timber.

Be careful of those "recliners" while hunting. In my ole uncomfortable swivel chairs I been known to "check my eyelids for light leeks" on ocassion...........:eek:

9. SWO1

In the pic inside of the stand if ya notice the 12 bin shelve I have hung on the wall. During the season I put munchies like cans of vienna sausages, kippersnacks, pressure sealed cheese, crackers in sealed tins, extra ammo, asprin, rolaids.

When we lived in NC we were just a few miles from New Bern, birth place of Pepsi Cola. That is supposed to be (according to my wife) one of the first bottle cases for Pepsi and an antique. She has been looking for it for a number of years and cant figure out what ever happened to it..........:eek:

Every time she brings it up I just say.....Oh it's around here somewhere Dear. Another deal like the antique Medical Cabinet that is now my Powder cabinet in the reloading room. One day she will make the connection.....:mad:

10. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

Had to look it up , the pic is from 2009 season.
    Just enjoying a warm sunny day carrying a Marlin model 1936 . Too hot for deer to be moving , I hit the top of that lil rise in the pic around noon o'clock .
    It's right here :
    just East of the line where they stitched the pics together , about 2/3rds of the way up in the pic .

[ame]http://maps.google.com/?ll=43.44432,-74.951134&spn=0.065433,0.129776&t=h&z=13[/ame]

Dumb deer didn't know that noon on a hot sunny day he wasn't s'posed to be moving about. he lernt why the 32 win is named special .

After a long drag and trying to find the trail back to camp , I hit the trail , stuck the deer by a log , and made it back to camp before dark but worn out..
    Took this pic , Justin case the coyotes got it overnight.

[​IMG]

Hit up one of the neighbors at camp to see if anyone had a 2 wheel cart . Didn't want any one to go help get a lil deer that far back. Neighbor made a call and by daylight a cart was dropped off , another neighbor stopped by that evening and wanted to help. Some goofy neighbors I got , I guess.
    2 fools silly enough to waste a good hunting day to lend a hand :rolleyes:

[​IMG]