Marlin Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yes, the stamping on the barrel and a bullseye in the walnut stock on the 56. Otherwise mechanically they are the same incredibly awesome rifle.

·
Banned
5,718 Posts
^^...What Matt said...^^

BTW...Welcome to the Marlin Firearms Forum Soccernut !!

Seems like you've posted two questions, yet we know next to nothing about you...

How about taking some time to introduce yourself to our knowledgeable community by posting a few syllables in our Introductions sub forum...

Enjoy the Forum...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the stamping on the barrel and a bullseye in the walnut stock on the 56. Otherwise mechanically they are the same incredibly awesome rifle.
Perhaps a Birch stock instead of Walnut. Maybe the C is for carbine noting that the barrel length was shortened from the first few years.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Perhaps a Birch stock instead of Walnut. Maybe the C is for carbine noting that the barrel length was shortened from the first few years.
Probably a birch stock on the JC Higgins. I don't know about the C, could be carbine if down around a 20" barrel, otherwise perhaps just whatever the guy in charge wanted the model number to be.

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
J.C. Higgins Was a Sears brand name

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
The main difference is that you have one and I don't. ;)
They are a fine rifle to own. Congrats.
Welcome to the Marlin Forum.
Many years ago, I owned a Marlin model 62 LeverMatic chambered in 30 carbine. Kick myself for ever letting it go. I found one at a gun show a couple years ago but it was chambered in 256 Win Mag. The 256 Win Mag ammo is nearly impossible to find so I passed on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts