Marlin Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
planning to replace the barrel on my savage 7-08 as the 1:11.5 twist is to slow for the 140s.I would really like to hear from someone that has used there barrel(s).this is a hunting rifle and won`t be a competition rig..The E.R. shaw are very inexpensive and include the go/no-go guages and barrel nut wrench...i could pick a number of calibers as the 7-08 is based off a .308 as its parent cartridge..I`m really leaning toward .308 beings I have a ton of 165 gr nosler partitions I was going to load in the `06
And the .308 will do anything I want and then some

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do, Did a web search .Some say they are great and some say they would`n use them for a fence post..One never knows til you try I guess..

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems to be from two very different groups. One wants a good hunting rifle and the other wants to shoot golf balls at 1000 yards

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got a er Shaw barrel for my old savage .243. It came with all the tools needed to install it at home. It was amazingly simple to do. Installation was great. And let me tell ya.. The barrel improved accuracy 200%!!! I would recommend a E.R Shaw barrel to anyone!! They are great people and if are happy to answer any questions you might have!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
E.R. Shaw

Never used em, but have heard what amcquady said; for hunting guns they are great! as for 1000 yard competions,
they don't equal barrels costing twice or three times the price! (but real close)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts