Marlin Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I really like the look of that Buck skinner...
Thanks Shooter;
I thought it looked cool. Wal-Mart used to retail them for $49.95 but when Buck moved their knife works overseas a few years back, Wal-Mart put them on clearance for $25.00. I just couldn't pass it up for that price.
Although, I have never used it. I still have the original box around here somewhere??
Actually, I have an old beater Schrade that I have carried for years when hunting but that's another story.
Then I found out in Oct. 2009 that Buck might return to making knives here in the states. Don't know if they did or not.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45SZHgudMzE[/ame]

·
Registered
25 Posts
this isn`t any kind of plug for DT knives...... (DT, I expect a nice blade out of this if you make any sales!! ) but have you guys checked out his website Yet ?? he makes some nice looking implements of cutting destruction!! tell him linne1100 sent ya. LOL !!
Shooter, I too, carry a Buck folding knife that I`ve had for about 30 years now....it keeps a nice edge, and I love a good sharp knife.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No, not a plug but I really hated to part with that knife. I think I just got lucky with the way it looked and felt in your hand. Wish I could have kept it longer but at least it went to a good home. Gizzy at RimfireCentral got it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The quinessential blade from your childhood...a Buck Knife. How many here started their collections with this staple from the past...and how many will hand down an heirloom from their father to their son or daughter...the first knife in many a young persons hands.

This Buck was given to me by my Father on my 10th Birthday...the first of many fine edged weapons in my collection...

The Buck knife might be old school. No pocket clip, no one-handed opening, no serrated blade, (unless special ordered from the factory), it's still the yardstick all other folders are measured by.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is an ivory handled Damascus blade I built for myself last year. I don't build many knives, and only for personal use.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts