Marlin Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a 3 sport high school athlete, played Div III lacrosse and I used to run 10k's. Then I started traveling for work and got fat over the next 20 years. I was really fat, 6' 1" and at the max I was 285lbs. Then at age 42, I was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer. I did chemo and radiation, had a bowel resection with a temporary ileostomy. Then 6 months of heavy duty chemo followed by the ostomy reversal. That was through 2013 and at the end I was down to 205lbs. I went for size 44 waist pants to 36, I needed all new clothes and neck size went from 18 to 16. it took all of 2014 and most of 2015 to get my brain back and to figure out what I could eat with my modified anatomy. But over the past 6 months I have started to put weight back on and I can feel it. I need to exercise again.

So I did it, I have a new gym.

My oldest son and I are taking classes. I know I will stick with it, it's not just running or lifting, it's aerobic plus footwork and technique. My goal is not to become a boxer, but to get stronger, get my wind back, take some weight off and stay in my size 36 pants.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Had a session yesterday, I'm sore in places I didn't know I had. Getting better at jumping rope but my wrists hurt from the heavy bag work

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.