finally found some supplies

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by oldbrass, Jan 20, 2013.

1. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

Bout dang time I was runnin low.

My recipe: hornady #3060 170 gr FP
    30 gr imr 3031 (its a little hot)
    cci primers
    brass) what ever I can find

Attached Files:

2. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Thanks I love these things, reloading threads back along with reloading. Not meaning to jump your thread but is that a shelf it looks like something similar to how i want to mount my press

3. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

yep thats a shelf I mounted above the reloading table, comes in real handy

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  4. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Very nice setup!!

5. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

I like your bench i might want to try something like that in the spare bedroom

6. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

My little wally-mart in Buffalo, MO, probley the smallest in the world got ammo sunday night. They even got 12 bricks of Federal .22 (550) for $21. Rick the manager said when they opened at 7:30 there is always 12-16 waiting and do the BLACK FRIDAY dash to sporting goods. They get shipments on Thursday and Sunday nights. Along with the .22 got 9MM, .40, .380 and .223. I was there at 10:30.....223 and .22 was gone, still had some of the rest. Maybe----Just Maybe it will start comming in again.

7. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Don't know about the local retail stores. Haven't been checking. I did check Walmart when we done our weekly shopping and their shelves were nearly empty except for shot shells. Absolutely no rim-fires. Very few pistol calibers except 380s. There were some center-fire rifle shells. Pretty slim pick'ns.
    I don't see it improving any time soon. With the cold weather and short supplies, I'll not be taking many trips to the range. If I feel the need for a "fix", I'll dig out the shotgun for a few clay birds or knock the dust off of the muzzle loader.
    However, I went to a gun show this past Saturday and there was plenty of just about anything that you wanted, be it ammo or loading supplies. Needless to say, sales were very brisk but the vendors came prepared. Prices at the one area were somewhat higher but prices at the other area was reasonable or even lower that normal on ammo that appeared to have older labels.
    Even the vendors with the loading supplies appeared to be well stocked.

8. SWO1

Like you grey my shooting has slacked off. I still have quite a bit, but only shoot what I can readily replace....which isn't much for now. Looks like I will start the pistol range construction during the lull time.

I did shot a box of .22 today...it was to nice not to......:p

9. greyhawk50

I don't like to "bare all" on a web sight that is open to the general public.
    Over the past 6 years, I have reduced my firearm inventory and spent part of that cash for ammo.
    I've always considered 100rds./weapon as a minimum. If the weapon can be used for playing cowboys and terrorist, the minimum is substantially higher. That ammo is placed in military ammo cans with desiccant bags and stored away. That ammo can also be used for bartering should the dollar become useless. The idea is similar to cash in the bank - savings & then checking.
    Then I have a pistol case on top of my gun safe with daily use ammo. As that inventory goes down, I try to replace it as needed. Right now, the 22 mags. are dreadfully low at less than 150 rounds. The 22 lr are OK for now at 2 boxes of 550 packs and a few odd boxes of 50ea. plus a couple boxes of match ammo.
    Most of my shooting is with shotguns & clay birds. Add in some 22 pistol and rifle to practice proper technique. If I want to experience more horse power, I drag out my muzzle loader. Supplies are easy to find and the rate of fire is affordable at about 10 shots/hour. I can spend 3-4 hours at the range, punch some really big holes and not break the bank. The best of both worlds. ;)

10. greyhawk50

A good morning at the Gun Club.

Our Gun Club had a Swap Meet this morning.
    Just a bunch of members selling & trading some of their extra stuff.
    I bought the following;
    700 Rem. 9 1/2M Primers for $15.
    A speed loader for tube fed 22 rifle. It has 31 Win. super X HP in it for $5.
    1 lb. of H335 powder for $15.
    100 once fired 30-30 brass for $15.
    100 ea. - 150 gr. 30-30 bullets for $8.
    And my son gave me a box of new 45 Colts and a partial box of empty 45 Colts.

Lots of other stuff ; More than I can remember or list here. Here is a short list;
    1000 Small Pistol Primers.
    1 1/2 boxes of .357 semi-wad cutter bullets (1000/box)
    Several boxes of 17 Mach 2 ammo.
    10-12 boxes of 223s.
    Numerous Sets of Dies.
    A lb. H414 powder and a lb. of Pyrodex RS powder.
    Several hand guns. A S&W 357, a Ruger 44 mag., a Ruger 9mm & a Taurus 40.
    Lots of once fired brass (223 & 243 plus others).
    A couple Spotting Scopes and numerous rifle scopes & Red Dots.
    A variety of knives.
    A couple Range Finders.
    You get the idea. It was a good time for all.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  11. SWO1

Wish I could have been there grey. See some stuff I would have liked to picked up......:D

12. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

greyhawk - Sounds like you enjoyed a grand buffet Saturday. Here I was feeling a little better about getting my measly two 50ct boxes of CCI .22LRs yesterday for building stock for the 15 June Nat'l Family at the Range Day. I'm not allowing the kids/grand kids to burn my "good stuff". Yessir, local shops have went to rationing to "spread the wealth" so to speak so others can at least get a few as stuff comes into their store. I even picked up some more 7.62 'shorties' for the good of having more on-hand. We've got plenty of reloading supplies available...just no 22s, pistol from 380 thru 45acp and of course ZERO 223/5.56.

Glad you could enjoy a great day with friends and make a few bargain buys.

13. SWO1

At 0900 Wally World had ammo .....and not sold yet......:eek: Lots of .40, .44,.45. .380. NO .38, .357 or 9mm. Even had about a dozen 20 rd boxes of tula .223 for less than $6 still on the shelf.

Of course NO .22 !!

14. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

You don't even wanna know what evil thought ran through my noggin. Glad some Dept Mgrs are keep on top of things. Sedalia's store looks like a ghost town when it comes to just about all ammo now.

15. SWO1

Hadn't been to the gun shop in a couple of days so went this morning. He got in 1000 rds of 9mm and another 2000 of .223. The .22 lr he got last week is STILL ALMOST ALL THERE.. He also had some CCI mini-mags in the 100 pak for $9. Said if it hadnt sold by tomorrow when he reopend tuesday there would be NO LIMIT. The .22 is $40 a brick and he still had 4000 rds. I will be there at 0800 Tuesday morning when he opens.

Anybody want a CHROME PLATED TAURUS SNUBBY IN .44 SPECIAL....NITB...$389. gawd awful looking thing. Guess you could hang it on the Christmas Tree.....:rolleyes: Never could stand chrome plated guns.

16. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

SWO1 Wished I'd have seen this right after you posted it :eek:

17. SWO1

Spoon....Ya got a PM.....I need to talk to you....THIS MORNING !!!

18. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Hey OB...just found a couple items I needed at WholesaleHunter.com. Still in the reasonable price range.

19. SWO1

Spoon....Your Jun Nat'l Family Range Day IS ON. And I'm set for the family bulleyes league for the summer.....:D

20. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

Again...Tango Yankee!