Finally have a second to say hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by cslinger, Jun 15, 2016.

1. cslinger

cslinger Member

Just wanted to say a quick hello from TN. I have browsed this forum off an on now and then but never registered. I recently decided to sell off one of my lever action Marlins and felt like the membership here would be a good fit.

A little bit about me. I am a gun guy and a car guy. Basically if it has buttons or levers and makes noise I probably enjoy it. I have taken a odd path as a shooter vs. most folks. The first gun I remember shooting was an M16 as kid, semi at first and full auto a bit later. Having class III family members meant I had access to shoot a fair number of machine guns growing up. The odd thing about that is I reached a point where to me it was money into noise fast. Not that they cannot be fun but for me I have continuously seemed to get smaller and smaller in terms of my shooting instead of the opposite.

As an example I really enjoy a good bolt action rimfire and have a real penchant for mid to high end airguns as well. From machine guns to air guns. Strange trip. :D

I have owned or shot damn near everything under the sun. As I get a bit older I am finding that I really don't like shooting lever guns as much as my mind wants me to. I love the nostagia, I LOVE the appearance, the feel the handling......but I have found I just don't enjoy shooting the action type as much as others, hence the sale. I mean they are guns with a bang switch so the experience with them certainly doesn't stink. :D

Other than that I have I think for Porsche's.

So between guns and Porsches I keep telling myself that one day I will get a cheaper hobby......like hookers and heroin. :D

Anyway that is a little bit about me. I pretty much go by Cslinger on most forums and like most folks go through periods of posting and periods of not.

So howdy everybody.

Take care and shoot Safe,
    Chris

2. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum

3. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Most of my shooting is done with rimfire rifles anymore, semi, bolt and lever. I will say my Model 56 Levermatic is the favorite. I could also be considered a car guy with my '71 Corvette. Although I do more restoration and repair work on old Marlin rimfires than I do on cars.

Welcome and enjoy the forum.

4. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Howdy Chris. Welcome to the Forum. Glad to have you with us.
    A little about me.
    On the forum, I go by Grey. My wife calls me Guy. I'm not sure if I have a real name. LOL.
    I've been shooting and hunting for about 60 years. Like most, I started with a BB gun. Never have shot a full auto. Been hunting, shooting, buying, selling and trading for about 48 years.
    Due to age and health problems, I don't hunt anymore. I was an avid deer hunter. Over the years, my favorite guns have been shotguns. I loved shooting Trap, Sporting Clays and Skeet. I gave that up because of failing eye sight. All of my favorite rifles have levers. The only semi-auto that I currently own (aside from pistols) is a stainless Marlin model 60. I do enjoy shooting single shots like my Thompson Contender and my CVA Muzzle Loader.
    Again, Welcome Aboard.

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Welcome to the Marlin Firearms Forum Chris...!!

Besides the Marlin lever action you are selling...do you own any other Marlins !?

6. cslinger

cslinger Member

1894C in .357 magnum pre Remington
    1894CS octagonal barrel in .357 Pre Remington

The Carbine is a handy little thing. The cowboy is a gorgeous gun.

Even though I have contemplated selling the levers I am not parting with the 1894C it is just SOOO handy.

7. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Welcome to the forum, Mon! We do love pictures!! Hint

8. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

9. Oldbull

Oldbull Member

Saying hello from the Pacific Northwest. I have 2 marlins, both 22 self loaders, one model 60 and a model 50. Both guns were given to me at different times by different people, just call me lucky I guess. The 60 is a great shooter and very accurate. The 50 is missing a few bits and pieces but is generally in nice condition. My goal is to get the 50 operational again as my research shows that it is rather unique and rare. Not a lot of information on them out there so looking forward to meet some other 50 owners on the forum to compare notes with and ask questions of. :)
    Klaus