Marlin Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought my very first AR-15.....its DPMS Panther Oracle ATACS chambered in .223 & 5.56

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
Very nice! Have you took it out to the range yet?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no not yet......I just got it this past Saturday......and have only had the money to buy one 20 round box of ammo......I don't get until September 3rd, however after that I do plan to buy me some more ammo and then hit the range.

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
My payday is on the 3rd of each month also, so I feel your pain! Let us know how it goes Mon.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Congrats. Very nice. I especially like the furniture. Very cool.
Enjoy and be sure to share the ranger report.
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys and yes i will post a range report when after i get there.....hope to make it in the next 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
My payday is on the 3rd of each month also, so I feel your pain! Let us know how it goes Mon.
Yup...mine is on the 3rd also. There is always too much month left at the end of the paycheck.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
no not yet......I just got it this past Saturday......and have only had the money to buy one 20 round box of ammo......I don't get until September 3rd, however after that I do plan to buy me some more ammo and then hit the range.
Check these folks out. I saw some very good ammo prices here. I have purchased from them and they are good folks to deal with.

http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/rifle-ammunition/223-556mm

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
Thanks for the link, Hombre. They do have some good prices, and several manufacturers to choose from.

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Very nice Biker Im in the market for one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just ordered me a Bushnell 730135 Trophy Red Dot scope tonight to go on it......bought me 2 more 30 rounds mags today, putting me up to 6 - 30 round mags.....a soft tactical rifle case today & bought 170 rounds of FMJ and 40 rounds JHP ammo today, putting my total ammo count for the rifle up to a 190 FMJ's and 40 JHP's.

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
That's a good start Mon.(ammo). Sounds like you're about to get it together!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got the scope in today and installed it, Have a hand guard rail w/ vertical grip that I hope to fit my hand guard in the mail right now. Tracking shows it will be here Tuesday. Once it arrives and I install it, I will post more pictures.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
finally got to the range with, range report have been posted concerning this and & my other guns.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts