Marlin Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey boys and girls,

I have a few lever actions... Winchesters and Marlins. I was bored with the factory finish on my 1894 cowboy in 44 Magnum. It came from the factory with the dull "Marshield" that doesn't permeate the wood or darken it. It was kind of blonde and I never liked it. So, I decided to strip it down and put a satin oil finish on it to darken and protect (the way I like all my guns... easy to care for/fix and durable).

Before I oiled her up I took a crack at engraving the wood furniture. Take a gander and let me know what you think:

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are the rest of the pictures:

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The last picture there was just a little Easter egg special hidden jewel I did for myself.

I think that might be the best part! But it's under the butt plate and only I know about it... and now you...LOL.

Kind regards,
Patrick Lyman

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Oh, by the way, that gun has a Wild West Guns Trigger Happy kit, a Skinner rear peep sight (ghoast ring), a custom brass magazine follower and rear barrel sight dovetail plug/holder for an extra aperture for the peep sight.

Thanks for taking a look!

Regards,
Patrick Lyman

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey, Patrick! You did great modification, I like it a lot. Now I also want to improve my Marlin model 60, as it has absolutely boring factory look. I think I should do something with furniture, like you did:unsure:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Do it! Refinishing wood is easy (depending on how elaborate you want to go with the glossiness). As long as you're comfortable taking the stock off I could help with anything you want to do.

If you're not comfortable to do it yourself, you can always set it to me. I have a surefire way of engraving anything you want on it perfectly...if you're interested. If you just want something small like your name or a symbol somewhere on it I can probably knock it out for you for nothing.

Oh, in the meantime check out this cool video:

Regards,
Patrick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts