Marlin Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,813 Posts
I tried it once, but it must have been a city dog because every time I passed a fire hydrant...:eek:

· Registered
1,813 Posts
I just saw a quick reference...

...to a chain well known in our area that admitted horse meat in its meat counter and included burger and roasts etc. I really doubt that but who knows. I have had conversations with others who find horse meat objectionable. Iowa I believe just legalized the sale of horse meat for human consumption. I also have talked to those who have eaten it and though it does not "taste like chicken" it isn't bad.

Give me a sample and I can voice my opinion...not many kinds of meat I wont try. Skunk is one, and I have eaten my share of crow. But horse meat??? Give me a big chunk of it and turn me loose in the kitchen. (And if the ol woman "nags" me about it, I will tie HER out in the yard.:D)

· Registered
1,813 Posts
Aaaaaaaaa

I had some say that Goat Meat is not that BaaaaaaaD
aaaaantelope is a goat. It is good. Give me a full grown sheep...for the mutton. Not lamb. Not stinky enough. I like the strong flavor.

I remember when I was a kid the grocery store had mutton sticks...frozen precooked mutton on a stick. A quick trip through the oven, or the deep fryer and voila! Mutton on a stick. I loved that stinky s%$t...if they would make em available I would probably make myself sick on them.

· Registered
1,813 Posts
Goat or lamb

Goat meat is awesome.
Better than Lamb
There is a farm about a mile from me and they sell both goats and sheep. I may mosey over to ask em what they would sell me some for. My aunt used to sell lambs by the half or whole. Butchered for what came to about 4 bucks a pound but, she got out of it last year. I really like the stuff. Hope I can git me summa dat. Maybe if I tell em I am a traveling salesman...:cool:

· Registered
1,813 Posts
Never tried the BBQ. But some kind of grill with either charcoal or wood smoke should be good. I stay away from barbecue sauce because of my diabetes. (And if I do have bbq sauce on my stuff it is a very thin smattering. I am not a big fan of it anyway.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.