Marlin Forums banner

Foxes everywhere

4K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  hombre243 
#1 ·
Bloody hell fellars
If you enjoy shooting foxes, then Oz is the place to be.
I swear they have breed twice this year, they are everywhere.
I wen out last Thursday night, couldn't stay out too late, as I was on my own. As my normal shooting mate couldn't make it, and seen 10 but only got 2 from 3 shots .
It's a bit hard to spotlight and shoot at the same time. The one in the foto was 500yds from me, and wasn't coming on, so I changed my call from a squeal to short sharp chirps, and it just run straight at me. At 200yds I had to yell out to slow it down. It did at approx 120yds and turned sideways.
Too late got it
Love my .222 with 55grn Nosler Balistic tips.
Carnivore Dog breed Fawn Terrestrial animal Canidae

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #9 ·
Bucky, I've been reading about the heat /drought over there. Is it still bad?
Gumpy
it really depends where you are living.
Talk about the "land of Contrasts", and rain and heat are no exceptions. 110-120F one day and belting down with rain, and 70-75F the next

It really depends where you live, in this huge place.

We live on Bass Straight, 1 1/2 hrs drive from Melbourne, and its called "Gods little corner". Had the best year ever and definitely no drought here.

Haven't been up to the top corner of South Australia, and Queensland for 2 years, but apparently they are doing it really tough. 3 of 4 years back the whole place was flooded. Tough, the other way.
Those poor pricks up there, just can't win.

In the Mallee Wheat belt, they have had 3 good years in a row, but the place is very dry the rest of the time.

The growth n the High Country, here I hunt Deer is phenomonal, but don't be surprised if it burns, this year.
Cheers Mate
Bucky

Discussion starter · #11 · (Edited)
Gumpy
We do big Outback trips every couple of years, and I mean real big way "outback" trips.
At present i am heavily into setting up 2014's trip, into the South and Western Australian Deserts, again
Anne Beadell Highway....Conne Sue Highway......Heather and Gunbarrell Highways, Sandy Blight Junction Road. Check them out !
Magic stuff !

Also am trying to set up a Hunting trip also into Western Australia, for myself and my Son, on 1,500,000 Acres.
(yes 1.5million Acres)
Has Camels, Donkeys, and Scrub Bulls on it.
The paperwork involved to get real rifles into WA is incredible, but I have the right people working on it.
Pays to belong to the Sporting Shooters Association of Australia, they seem to have all "the strings to pull" and the "ducks to line up"

Wish me luck.

Cheers
Bucky

Cheers Bucky

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.