From the NFL Rule Book On The National Anthem

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by FOUR4D4, Sep 25, 2017.

1. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

SPREAD THIS EVERYWHERE!
    The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the NFL League Rulebook. It states:
    “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.
    “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition...
    It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.
    Mr Goodall do your job, ya fine for their shirts hanging out....
    To all NFL fans...Call for a National boycott of the NFL for Sunday November 12th, Veterans Day Weekend. Boycott all football telecast, all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums. Pass this post along to all your friends and family. Honor our military, some of whom come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin. Continue with the weekly boycott of televised games

Attached Files:

2. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Amen.......
    Shared
    From what I'm getting,it's not in the "Rule Book" but rather in the "Operations Manual",which isn't available to the general public so there's no way to verify it. It's supposedly over 600 pages.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017

3. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

I'll do one better. From this point on, there will not any NFL games being watched inside my house.

F them and their rich arse wallets. I hope they choke on their money.

4. FordTruck

FordTruck Well-Known Member

I cannot boycott them as I never watched them in the first place. Twenty-two big, hairy, sweaty men running around grabbing each other; rolling around on the ground and patting each other on the hind-end was just too lavendar for me.

5. squirrelhunter

I'll probably still watch the Packers,but if they all start kneeling I'll be done with it too,so far they're not,as least most of them anyway,not sure if any are.

6. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

My neighbor, a staunch New England fan, saw them kneel last week. He has thrown away his New England shirts, cancelled the NFL package on Directv, and will never watch them again. He is a proud US Marine who served time in Vietnam, flies his American flag every day, and is an avid gun collector.

7. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

I noticed they don't even show the nation anthem

:mad:

8. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

I have not watched TV sports since the year Elvis died. I watched golf up until then. After that I had to get a job so I started working for the city. I got elected dog catcher in 78. When Pete Rose got busted for gambling, I quit watching all sports. It is a shame that supposed "good examples" and "heroes" have become so corrupt and political when their job is to play games, not start trouble. They do not impress me at all and their actions only reflect the type of people they really are. Trouble making overpaid druggies who think their opinions matter to most, when in reality those actions stir dissent and mistrust.

The only thing they are hurting is their job security.Look at Kupernickus or whatever his name is...he is begging to be allowed to come back. Let him eat cake.

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

......^^ +1 ^^......

10. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

^^^^^+2!^^^^^

11. squirrelhunter