Marlin Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost my front sight hood on my last hunt. What kinds of sights are popular? Should I get it replace or go without? Maybe get a different sighting system? Just a lot speculating, any thoughts?

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Have you thought of a scope or a peep sight?As far as the front sight hood alot of people remove theirs because they hang up in the brush while hunting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A peep sight? I will look it up. I can understand why they would remove the hood. Thank you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That quiver wasn't available when I bought my sights from them. Now I want one too. Another hundred bucks down the gun hole.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks hombre, I appreciate it. I was going to look it up and order one later. Then tonight I was getting things out of my truck when I found it at on the passenger side floor. Yippee!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have A few Marlins and a couple win's and with my tired old eyes I tried the Skinner peep and it helped a great deal, I then switched a 2--7 X32 compact Cabelas and it is fantastic. I put the Skinner peep on a Mdl 94 Marlin limited 16 in barrel and it is also great. So It is what works best for you. I will probably have to get another scope for the extra NIB 336 I picked up at an Estate Auction a while back. I have a few shooters for my hunts here in NM and seems like I usually pick out one of the Levers for the deer and elk and just about anything else. Last week I was deep in remote canyons near the Mex /AZ and NM border and carried a 45 ACP and partner carried one of my short little levers. Lots of 2 leg coyotes down there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts