Marlin Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I take it that you have & shot a HP22A. How did you like it??
The two that I have (mine & my wife's) have only hick up'ed a few times. I'm thinking that will improve as they break in. Could just be me, but it seems line the nickel steel is stronger, for a lack of better works, than the blued steel. It is heavier and seems to perform better.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Out of 200 or so rounds, I've had about 5 that didn't pick up out of the mag. Almost like the slide didn't come back far enough to clear/catch the next round.

I know what you mean about the safeties. Actually, my wife likes all the safeties and I wouldn't modify them w/o having a replacement part in stock. Just in case I needed to send it back to the factory under warranty. I don't find the safeties hateful - just different.

To safely clear the chamber with rounds in the mag., put the hammer block safety ON, pull the slide back, push the Fire Safety UP to lock the slide open and then remove the mag.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.