Marlin Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Range Report, Range Report......

Back from the family reunion and shot about 30 rounds off the new rest. Shot my old RWS R-50 practice ammo. About 91 Deg. with gusty winds. Didnt use wind flags only my anemometer to judge the velocity, no real idea on direction or switches. I would say at lest a 25% improvement on scoring. The Pappas rest, although 4 years old tracks like new. It sat in a garage for 4 years. Am cleaning it up but It will make an improvement. Next match is in Arkansas, 1-2 July. A double tournament. Have to order some Lapua Midas+ and see what it will do.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After shooting the Pappas rest for awhile this morning I took it all apart and cleaned it real good. It had sat in a garage for a few years and needed it.

I also changed out the rear stock guide with the one off my old rest. Its a little wider and the stock rides it a lot better.

Also I added a hard rubber cover over the front stop for the fore arm. I dont like metal and just about every one does it. Metal is hard on the fore arms, both wood and composite.

I tightened up the windage and elevation adjustment and will see if it tracks better. It was already a LOT better than the old one but got to tinker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.