Marlin Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
83 Posts
You may have a worn, or even a non existent ejector. If the Glenfield has the same removeable ejector that a Marlin has then maybe that part is either missing or damaged. After the extractor grabs the case and pulls it rearward, the case should run into the ejector to kick it out sideways and if it doesn't then my guess is that there's an ejector problem.

·
Super Moderator
83 Posts
The extractor and ejector are two different things. Your pics are showing the "extractor" which, from your pictures and report, sounds like it's functioning ok. The "ejector" which is held in the frame by the bolt and is further back from the breech is what sounds like it's either not present (fallen out of the frame) or is damaged to the point where it can't do its job. This is under the assumption that the Glenfield has an "extractor" just like the Marlin.

Part I'm referring to is pictured below.

Musical instrument accessory Auto part Composite material Event Fashion accessory

·
Super Moderator
83 Posts
Oh sorry spaceforcecmdr. I mistakenly advised you on your firearm like it was a centerfire levergun and didn't read that the model 25 is a rimfire. Apologies for that. Also, I would have little or no idea why your mod 25 isn't ejecting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts