Marlin Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a model 25 that I restored to its stock form. The original owner made a funky stock for it, and also made his own trigger, sear, trigger guard and a few other parts. I was able to find all the parts I needed, and the gun looks great now, except for one issue. It'll load a round from the magazine, but when I cycle the bolt, it won't eject. The extractor grabs the casing, like it should, but it just stays there and I have to remove it by hand. Any idea what would cause this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey again, good news! I got it working. The ejector was there, and looked fine, but I think it was slightly bent out of place. I tweaked it just a bit, and voila. I actually found this rifle up in the rafters of my attic. I think it might've belonged to the guy who owned the house before the guy I bought it from. Anyway, amazingly enough, it appears to be in great shape, and now fully functional (although I haven't test fired). Whoever owned it originally tried to turn it into a target rifle or something. It appears he made his own stock, trigger, trigger guard and few other parts. It looked pretty rough around the edges, but the trigger was very light (too light, IMO). As soon as my finger even touched it, it'd actuate.

I decided to try to restore it to its original form, and I think it worked out. :) This is getting off topic, but here's the before and after pics. Not bad for a "free" rifle, but I probably spent almost as much on parts as it's worth. Still, pretty cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Took it to the range this evening, and I love it. No issues at all. I had one misfeed, but no biggie. The indoor range I go to only has a max distance of about 40 ft, but it was still fun. I actually never shot a bolt action rifle until now. Good times! Definitely glad I stuck with it and found all the parts to get this running again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts