Marlin Forums banner

Good Source For New 30-30 Brass?

3470 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  aka
I've got about 100 pieces of once-fired 30-30 brass (Win & Fed) and thought I would check into some new stuff tonight. I was surprised to find Starline doesn't list it in their online catalog. That's where I have always bought new brass for everything else I reload. I checked Midway and Natchez. Natchez looks to only offer Win. Midway offers Rem, Win, and Hornady. The Win stuff is $16/50 pieces but a lot of reviewers claim it has gotten to be junk.

Midway claims to have Rem 30-30 brass for $34.50/100. I thought I would order 250 or so from Starline.

Any suggestions for a good source of new brass and maybe a comment on whether or not the Win stuff is still OK?
1 - 3 of 8 Posts
FYI - I have quite a bit of Hornady LE 30-30 brass if someone is looking for it. It's once-fired from factory ammo, cleaned, deprimed, and stored in ziplocks. Don't think I'll ever use it in .30-30.
Well I decided to just take a look at the Hornady/Frontier brass I have with a calipers. Surprise, the Hornady LE 30-30 brass isn't shorter than standard brass like the 45-70 LE brass is. So, I don't need a modified Lee FCD to crimp it.

My problem is solved. With the LE brass being standard length that gives me around 200 pieces of good, used brass to work with.
1 - 3 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.