Marlin Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the gun was a nice but not perfect 30/30 carbine made in the 70’s. average scope. no special serial number. stayed in the 2 to 3 thousand dollar range , then went crazy the last two days

·
Registered
2 Posts
this past weekend a 336 30/30 sold for $10k. can anyone say why or was this just online scam ?
I recently inherited a very nice 1870's Marlin 38-55, ( Serial # 18963) and am trying to find out something about the history of these and what their potential value might be. As a "gun broker" I thought you might be able to point me in the right direction. See enclosed photo:

Thank you;

[email protected]
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Wood Gun barrel

·
Registered
60 Posts
I recently inherited a very nice 1870's Marlin 38-55, ( Serial # 18963) and am trying to find out something about the history of these and what their potential value might be. As a "gun broker" I thought you might be able to point me in the right direction. See enclosed photo:

Thank you;

[email protected] View attachment 5864
More pictures are needed to establish the model number and features of this rifle. Can you take pictures on the barrel/reciever of the patent date(s), caliber, and any proof marks that may be present. Also a tape measure showing barrel length at the closed bolt at the reciever, to the end of the muzzle. Also, numerous photos on both sides of the rifle to establish condition of the wood and bluing/color case hardening. Good luck!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my original post was asking a question, hardly makes me a gun broker. looks like you have a 1881 marlin there, originality and condition mean everything , nice caliber too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
She qualifies for having her name removed from the gene pool. She takes up waaaaay too much space on this earth.
She qualifies for having her name removed from the gene pool. She takes up waaaaay too much space on this earth.
Like a good feminazi, I think she aborted Willie brown's zygote. Either that, or it was one of her bowel movements.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts