Marlin Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What ya think would be a solid application for this platform? I was thinkin a 3x9x40 so i can use the magnification if needed!

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you use the .44 hornady lever revolution ammo the scope may work out great. I'm a red dot/ reflex sight guy so that's what is get

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Reflex Sights

I have a Sight-Mark Reflex on my Marlin 30-30, another on my CVA Optima 50 cal. and a third on my crossbow.
Here are examples of my targets. First is the 30-30 at 50 yards.
Second is the crossbow at 23 yards. If you notice the arrow at 3 o'clock, the nock is split where the arrow at 12 o'clock glanced off of it.
I really like them for hunting. However, not idea if you want to shoot tight groups. The Red Dot covers a little over an inch at 50 yards.
Back when I hunted deer in Pa., I carried a 30-30 with a 3X9X40. It was set on 3 for making a quick shot and normally had time to turn it to 9 for the longer shots.
And, Welcome to the forum.

Grey

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Grey, I'ma gonna check them out! I have a BSA dot on my shotgun, and that does great for Turkey!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a Sight-Mark Reflex on my Marlin 30-30, another on my CVA Optima 50 cal. and a third on my crossbow.
Here are examples of my targets. First is the 30-30 at 50 yards.
Second is the crossbow at 23 yards. If you notice the arrow at 3 o'clock, the nock is split where the arrow at 12 o'clock glanced off of it.
I really like them for hunting. However, not idea if you want to shoot tight groups. The Red Dot covers a little over an inch at 50 yards.
Back when I hunted deer in Pa., I carried a 30-30 with a 3X9X40. It was set on 3 for making a quick shot and normally had time to turn it to 9 for the longer shots.
And, Welcome to the forum.

Grey
I'd remove the red dot off the 30-30 and put a scope on it, and shoot the Hornady lever revolutions through that ($25.00 a box). Put the Red Dot on the .44 and that just became your brush gun. A 250gr bullet does well in the thick stuff but not much for range. The 30-30 with the Hornady Lever Revolutions can shoot decent groups at 250yds

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Luzerne County...Black Mountain.

Nice up that way...
Yep, love it here! I was just lookin online for a picatinney rail i can attach to the forend for this rifle! Something that attaches to the swivel stud so i can throw a hand grip in there! You from up here?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts