Marlin Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ban on handgun sales to 18-20 year-olds is unconstitutional, appeals court says It's always been law as far back as I can remember, in CA at least. Minimum 21 to purchase handguns or handgun ammo. One side will say, if you have to 21 to buy alcohol you shouldn't be able to buy firearms. The other side says, if you can be drafted at 18 and trained how to use firearms, why can't you buy a handgun?

Of course I expect this to be blocked about as quickly as the Judge's ruling on the CA AWB.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's probably true. But can they get carry permits in many states? Should there be any restrictions? The older I get, the less I think teens have any common sense. That's why Dems want to lower voting age to 16. I like Boebert but she gets a ton of flack from lefties on twitter. From what I heard, the Shooters Grill had to stay closed for a long time due to the "pandemic".

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's probably true. But can they get carry permits in many states? Should there be any restrictions? The older I get, the less I think teens have any common sense. That's why Dems want to lower voting age to 16. I like Boebert but she gets a ton of flack from lefties on twitter. From what I heard, the Shooters Grill had to stay closed for a long time due to the "pandemic".
Most teens I know don't have the training nor intelligence to have carry permits...Parents like 41 who have taken the time to educate their teens on safety an weapon handling an can pass all the tests should be allowed within reason.Lot of the guys I went to nam with were teens !! So no real easy answer...Me,personally,I was not the safest nor well trained teen an would never have qualified for a permit even after being in the service....:D:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts