Marlin Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum thing. But happy to say, my son of 11 yrs revived my interest in shooting. So we polished off the guns and shoot once a week or two.
Bought him his gun last year for Christmas, Mossberg 500-410. Ordered a synthetic stock and cut it down for a better fit for him .
He loves my dads 81-dl that he bought around 1944 or so. And proud to say my boy can out shoot me with those open sights.

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Welcome to the forum start em young

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Welcome to the forum
Glad to hear that you and your son are spending quality time together.
Congrats on teaching your son the proper respect and use of firearms.

You are to be commended.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am always happy to see youngsters getting started right in shooting sports.

·
Banned
7,853 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome. Did some shooting with the family this morning till the rain started. Even had tne Mrs. out for the first time. I was happily surprised. She even wants to go back out.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it is very accurate. And a nice smooth trigger pull. Not sure if there all smooth like this one or not. My son picks up used clays that were not hit,and lines them up on the 50 yard hill. Plucks them off one by one, with no more than two shots each. Takes me three or for shots. Lol. Just dove ? tail rear sights. There use to be a peep sight on it, but my brother lost it back in the 70's. Would like to get one back on it.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Yes it is very accurate. And a nice smooth trigger pull. Not sure if there all smooth like this one or not. My son picks up used clays that were not hit,and lines them up on the 50 yard hill. Plucks them off one by one, with no more than two shots each. Takes me three or for shots. Lol. Just dove ? tail rear sights. There use to be a peep sight on it, but my brother lost it back in the 70's. Would like to get one back on it.
The one in my family( I gave it to my youngest daughter a few years ago)
I used it to teach all my kids to shoot and lost MY peep site in the snow in '97 I also would like a replacement peep sight.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The one in my family( I gave it to my youngest daughter a few years ago)
I used it to teach all my kids to shoot and lost MY peep site in the snow in '97 I also would like a replacement peep sight.
No peep sight on mine either. I'm thinking on getting one back on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts