Has Spring ...SPRUNG ??

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by SWO1, Feb 22, 2017.

1. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

About 80 today. Trees are budding out, my Bradford Pears are a few days from full bloom. I planted radishes today, lettuce will go in next Thurs/Friday. Have my bean seed (Contenders) a little while yet for them.

2. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Spring has sprung and Fall has fell;
    Winter's gone and it is warmer than....usual.

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Sure has here in my neck of the woods...last 3 days above 60.

Today and tomorrow...close to 70 !!

It's gonna snow in July tho... :rolleyes:

4. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

We saw 73 yesterday. It almost felt too warm all of a sudden. But I am not complaining. We should be having out range day cleanup soon so maybe we will have decent target boards for a while. I need to get my lever gun shooting right. So far I get about 4-5" groups at 50 yards. That makes it a no go-to until I find out what it likes.

5. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

It's been feeling like Spring around here too. The oak trees are blooming,the Piney Bushes are coming up,but it's suppose to get down to 23 Saturday night and only a high of 34 Saturday,don't know if that'll hurt anything or not.

6. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

We only have one season here in the Gunshine State

:cool:

7. SWO1

Cold front coming in today. Wind is up, which makes it seem colder. Back to regular temps for this time of year for a while. Lows in the 20s and high around 50.

8. FordTruck

FordTruck Well-Known Member

I was just a couple miles across the border into Williams County, Ohio yesterday. I saw a housefly buzzing around. I saw a mosquito flying outside and I heard frogs singing. Temperature is supposed to drop 30 degrees F. by tomorrow.

9. squirrelhunter

A frog jumped into my pond yesterday,I thought "you're going to freeze your a$$ off Saturday and Saturday night" :D.

10. SWO1

Spring has Sprung a Leak. A cold front came in last night and at 0700 it is 21. High of low 40s next two days then warm back up with a couple days of rain, we need some. They had snow in KC yesterday. Just finished cracking out the last half bushel of black walnuts. Will get them picked out in the next couple of days. So far have about 15 lbs of nuts.

11. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Are ya bragging or complaining! Ha!

12. squirrelhunter

More like dreaming I'd say ;) :D :D

13. FOUR4D4

I had about 30 walnut tree up north what a pita it was to pick them up before mowing after a 10 hour day at work

14. FOUR4D4

I sure miss the change of seasons like spring Turkey Hunting with all the bright green leave coming out of their buds.

How many of you look for morel mushrooms?

:)

15. SWO1

@ 1025 .... 45 deg. AND ITS SNOWING. Just a few flakes now and then here. Down in Springfield its heavier, big flakes but again to warm to stick.

16. FordTruck

FordTruck Well-Known Member

Spring??

We had ice in the pud muddles this morning. It will melt today but I believe they'll freeze again tonight.

17. SWO1

Still a lot of 20s and low 30s in the early mornings left. Normal (whatever that is) here for this time of year is high around 50 with below freezing at night. Standing water freezes and heavy frost on windshields.

18. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Spring - we never had a winter! Our heaviest snow this year was a dusting and being married to a school teacher for 31 years, I can tell you that they need their "snow days" even more than the kids! Anyway, 80 degrees this past weekend and the trees are budding, the daffodils are up, and the crabgrass is six inches tall.

19. squirrelhunter

I'd say it has,I saw some killdeer yesterday ;).

20. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

About the same here, but of course the reverse seasons, "Down Under" .
    We had bugger all really hot days this year.
    Bass Straight area of Oz, between the Mainland, and Tasmania, was cooler than anywhere else.
    We even had snow on the ground, and -3c up in the High Country just over 1 week ago.