Marlin Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this site a few days ago and thought I would join up. Looks like things are only a few months old around here?

I am a big fan of Marlin lever guns. My latest purchase was an un-fired 1895G in 45-70 made in the year 2000. I am a supervisor in a tool & die shop so I like to tinker with a little gunsmithing tasks now and then. So far I have smoothed up the action on my guide gun and done a trigger job on it. I also made a saddle ring safety delete which makes the gun look much better now. In the near future I plan to thin the forearm, and remove all the checkering to give it a more vintage look. I also plan to add a limbsaver buttpad, and refinish the wood with tru oil. I just bought an XS scout scope mount and am going to mount a Leupold 2.5x scout scope with quick detach rings.

I look forward to seeing this site grow.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Welcome aboard melsdad. Glad to have you join us.
South Western Pa. is pretty country.
When you get the 1895G done, maybe you can share a couple pictures.
We like pictures. :))

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
welcome to the forum Melsdad! glad you joined and glad to have you aboard! jump right in, we're a friendly bunch here.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Nice to have you on board. Now that we know you are a tool and die man you might get some questions. It's good to have folks on here with experience like yours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts