Hello.....

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Windy, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Windy

Windy Well-Known Member Supporting

I am new here. I was referred here by axxe55. I hope he is a member in good standing here otherwise I'm off to a bad start. ;)

I am pretty new to guns, having only been shooting about 2.5 years now and I'm no spring chicken. :( I don't own any long guns at this moment but my Dad does have a Marlin that I have shot. I don't know the exact model but I will find that information for you. I know it has a tube magazine. :eek: I don't even know if all Marlins have tube magazines or not. As you can see, I am very much a gun "newby" and I beg for your patience for my lack of knowledge and in answering my gazillion questions I always seem to have. When I first bought a gun, I joined a forum that was quite impatient with me and I didn't last there long. I now belong to another forum which I really enjoy and I'm sure I'm going to like it here, too.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention, if 'affirmative action' ever checks out this forum, I am your token female. :D

2. aka

aka Well-Known Member

Welcome Windy. Post a picture of the Marlin in question and I'm sure many of the fine follks here will be glad to answer your questions.

3. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

welcome to the Marlin Forum Windy! thank you for joining and for wanting to help encourage other women to join.

i know Windy from another forum where she is a Moderator and many, many members hold her in high regard and i too have much respect for her. she is asset to the shooting world and and also an asset to any forum she is a member of. she may be new to guns, but i know she will ask lots of questions! but she is very passionate about learning about guns.

welcome again Windy.

4. Windy

*Looks around to see who the heck he is talking about*
    Let me also add I am a very new Mod on another gun forum but I have quickly learned that it really means it is a very quick way to make enemies. :( Dang, some of those members can be vicious. *cry*

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, Axxe55. I'm happy to join here and shake this place up. Has anyone here been banned yet? I hope I'm not the first one. :eek:

Hmmmm.......what do I want to post as a first poll?

5. Windy

ROFL..........I just noticed Axxe55 is one of the Mods. All the more reason to tear this place apart. Only kidding, Axxe. I'll behave. I sure don't want the wrath of Axxe falling upon me.

6. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

as of yet there have been no bans of any member that i know of and very few posts have only been moved to different sub forums, with the addition of new subforums. the members here are very friendly and a few you will reconize from the other forum, FTF. other than deleting a few spam replies on here, it's very laid back and civil.

okay Windy, just for you, i issued you a five minute ban! LOL! JK!:eek::D

7. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

That axxe is a real hardcase issuing you that five minute ban Windy. Let me extend to you a howdy and say that we're glad you're here! ...Okay boys, there is a lady present, no more whiskey, cigars or bawdy talk.

8. Windy

Oh, boy, you don't know me, do you? ROFL Well, okay, I admit I don't smoke cigars, anyway. ;)

9. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the forum Windy

10. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

28Shooter careful there! Windy likes cigars and good whiskey and can tell dirty jokes that will make a sailor blush!

11. Windy

SShhhh.........this is a new start for me, Axxe55. I'm trying to turn over a new leaf. :cool:

12. 28Shooter

I don't smoke cigars either...wife won't let me and while we're there, let's not even talk about the issue of a motorcycle! I'm only 53 and we've been happily married for 26 years but like I keep telling her, I'll get my bike when the girlfriend graduates from community college in the spring. She of course commented that she "understood that seniors got free tuition".

13. Windy

Haha......your wife is a very wise woman. You're lucky she's kept you around for 26 years. Just kidding. ;)

14. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

okay it'll be our secret!;) okay guys put out the cigars, get rid of the whiskey and tone down the jokes there's a lady in the house!:eek

how's that Windy?:D

15. Windy

Thanks. I always admire a good liar. ;)

16. 28Shooter

I met her my senior year in college and she's still my college sweetheart (despite the bike issue). Of course, no bike = more gun money...right?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  17. Windy

I'm kind of with her on the "no bike". We women like to have our loved ones around for a while. ;)

18. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Welcome to the NUTHOUSE ...oh I mean forum...:D

19. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

hey i resemble, errr mean i resent that remark!:D

20. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Windy. It's nice having someone to share the female point of view with this gun forum. It's great to see women get involved in shooting sports.

My sister has taken up shooting in the last year or two. Like you, she is no spring chicken, but now she loves shooting her 9mm and 20ga pump shotgun. I am encouraged that our 2nd Amend. rights might be saved as more women become shooters. The more responsible gun owners in America the better.