Heritage Rough Rider...

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by SHOOTER13, Apr 14, 2017.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

I was reading my email on Wednesday and saw an ad from Gander Mountain on a .22lr single action revolver, so I visited Gander on Thursday morning and walked away with a good deal on a Heritage Manufacturing Rough Rider...that is usually priced @ $199.99 on sale for $119.99. Total after Tax and NICS was $132.19.

Came with a coupon that offers the .22 Magnum cylinder for only $29.99. Mailed that away this morning...

So...I took it to the range Thursday after leaving the store and was amazed at how accurate it was right from the box, considering it only had a fixed front blade and rear notch for sights. It's quite a nice little single action revolver for the price...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Specifications

Caliber: .22LR
    Action: Single Action Revolver
    Capacity: 6
    Barrel length: 4.75"
    Frame: Aluminum alloy
    Grips: Cocobolo
    Sights: Open fixed / notch in rear
    Overall length: 10.035"
    Overall weight: 33.4 ozs.
    Mfg. Number: RR22B4

2. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Nice piece. I have the same model and a Mag cylinder. I did not get them in a set but I ordered the cyl from the factory. I fired it a couple times but I am not doing well with that groove rear sight. What is the secret to aim them. Just keep trying til you find the spot on the blade that works at the distance you are shooting? I set up pop cans at about 40 ft and hit maybe 3/10. It goes bang but I would like the gun better if I could shoot it.

3. SHOOTER13

Yea...basically just found how much front blade I needed to group the shots.

After that, it was almost like point shooting. You get in a groove...

Already have two Marlin Rifles ( a Bolt and a Semi Auto ) and a Browning Buck Mark Semi Auto pistol in .22...with a red dot scope.

Just wanted to complete the set with a nice .22 Single Action revolver...short barrel and open sights.

It IS a keeper...

4. hombre243

Just as much fun as a Ruger at 1/3 the price

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  5. SHOOTER13

Yea hombre...

Was really hesitant about getting the revolver in my hands and not liking it...thought it might be too small, cheap looking and even worst...inaccurate.

Was pleasantly surprised that it's none of that...and better than expected.

three tango said I should have gotten two for that price...and I did think that myself.

In fact...sale ends today ( 4/15). I do have a few hours left to go shopping again...;)

6. hombre243

Well ya know what they say...when the goin gets tough, the tough go shopping.

7. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

For the $$ you cant do much better. And at the price you paid ...... great.

I have a .22 mag but no lr cylinder, a .22 LR but no mag cylinder. I like the two being different. You might consider picking up another and put the Mag cylinder you ordered in and have two ..... Get a double holster belt and be TWO GUN SHOOTER ......

8. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

Don't shoot the Easter Bunny

We want a full Range Report :)

:)

9. SHOOTER13

Ya know Four...I have a generational family of rabbits on my property since I moved here back in 2000.

Never felt the need to shoot one...

Squirrels...on the other hand...

10. SHOOTER13

Thanks SWO1...thought long and hard on that...but, decided I didn't need it.