Marlin Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading my email on Wednesday and saw an ad from Gander Mountain on a .22lr single action revolver, so I visited Gander on Thursday morning and walked away with a good deal on a Heritage Manufacturing Rough Rider...that is usually priced @ $199.99 on sale for $119.99. Total after Tax and NICS was $132.19.

Came with a coupon that offers the .22 Magnum cylinder for only $29.99. Mailed that away this morning...

So...I took it to the range Thursday after leaving the store and was amazed at how accurate it was right from the box, considering it only had a fixed front blade and rear notch for sights. It's quite a nice little single action revolver for the price...

Specifications

Caliber: .22LR
Action: Single Action Revolver
Capacity: 6
Barrel length: 4.75"
Frame: Aluminum alloy
Grips: Cocobolo
Sights: Open fixed / notch in rear
Overall length: 10.035"
Overall weight: 33.4 ozs.
Mfg. Number: RR22B4

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I was reading my email on Wednesday and saw an ad from Gander Mountain on a .22lr single action revolver, so I visited Gander on Thursday morning and walked away with a good deal on a Heritage Manufacturing Rough Rider...that is usually priced @ $199.99 on sale for $119.99. Total after Tax and NICS was $132.19.

Came with a coupon that offers the .22 Magnum cylinder for only $29.99. Mailed that away this morning...

So...I took it to the range Thursday after leaving the store and was amazed at how accurate it was right from the box, considering it only had a fixed front blade and rear notch for sights. It's quite a nice little single action revolver for the price...

Specifications

Caliber: .22LR
Action: Single Action Revolver
Capacity: 6
Barrel length: 4.75"
Frame: Aluminum alloy
Grips: Cocobolo
Sights: Open fixed / notch in rear
Overall length: 10.035"
Overall weight: 33.4 ozs.
Mfg. Number: RR22B4
Nice piece. I have the same model and a Mag cylinder. I did not get them in a set but I ordered the cyl from the factory. I fired it a couple times but I am not doing well with that groove rear sight. What is the secret to aim them. Just keep trying til you find the spot on the blade that works at the distance you are shooting? I set up pop cans at about 40 ft and hit maybe 3/10. It goes bang but I would like the gun better if I could shoot it.

·
Banned
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea...basically just found how much front blade I needed to group the shots.

After that, it was almost like point shooting. You get in a groove...

Already have two Marlin Rifles ( a Bolt and a Semi Auto ) and a Browning Buck Mark Semi Auto pistol in .22...with a red dot scope.

Just wanted to complete the set with a nice .22 Single Action revolver...short barrel and open sights.

It IS a keeper...

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Yea...basically just found how much front blade I needed to group the shots.

After that, it was almost like point shooting. You get in a groove...

Already have two Marlin Rifles ( a Bolt and a Semi Auto ) and a Browning Buck Mark Semi Auto pistol in .22...with a red dot scope.

Just wanted to complete the set with a nice .22 Single Action revolver...short barrel and open sights.

It IS a keeper...
Just as much fun as a Ruger at 1/3 the price

·
Banned
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea hombre...

Was really hesitant about getting the revolver in my hands and not liking it...thought it might be too small, cheap looking and even worst...inaccurate.

Was pleasantly surprised that it's none of that...and better than expected.

three tango said I should have gotten two for that price...and I did think that myself.

In fact...sale ends today ( 4/15). I do have a few hours left to go shopping again...;)

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Yea hombre...

Was really hesitant about getting the revolver in my hands and not liking it...thought it might be too small, cheap looking and even worst...inaccurate.

Was pleasantly surprised that it's none of that...and better than expected.

three tango said I should have gotten two for that price...and I did think that myself.

In fact...sale ends today ( 4/15). I do have a few hours left to go shopping again...;)
Well ya know what they say...when the goin gets tough, the tough go shopping.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
For the $$ you cant do much better. And at the price you paid ...... great.

I have a .22 mag but no lr cylinder, a .22 LR but no mag cylinder. I like the two being different. You might consider picking up another and put the Mag cylinder you ordered in and have two ..... Get a double holster belt and be TWO GUN SHOOTER ......

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Don't shoot the Easter Bunny

We want a full Range Report :)

:)

·
Banned
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya know Four...I have a generational family of rabbits on my property since I moved here back in 2000.

Never felt the need to shoot one...

Squirrels...on the other hand...

·
Banned
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For the $$ you cant do much better. And at the price you paid ...... great. I have a .22 mag but no lr cylinder, a .22 LR but no mag cylinder. I like the two being different. You might consider picking up another and put the Mag cylinder you ordered in and have two ..... Get a double holster belt and be TWO GUN SHOOTER ......
Thanks SWO1...thought long and hard on that...but, decided I didn't need it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts