Marlin Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
2,858 Posts
My friend who is putting me up here in Tyler said he has roamed these woods and never saw any kind of snake. Hopefully I won.t run afoul of any of them but I am goin lookin for some snakeloads just in case.
My all time favorite snake gun was always a little sawed off .410 pump with #6 or #7 shot.

Im a thinkin the Tarrus Judge with the longest barrel would be dandy, also have the ability to chamber the .45 long Colt. Handloaded to the gills, not a bad round.

In my .410 I use the Win XP rounds with 3 copper disks and 12 BBs...potent on Armadilos, yotes ect.

· Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Ya caught another one of my errors hombre......Im thinkin 45...having just typed .410 and it comes out the end of my fingers. I do proof read MOST of the time before I post em.........:eek:

· Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Just makin sure ya dont blow off a hand ol buddy. ;)
Are you mistaken the 41 spec or 41 mag for a 41 Long Colt ????

Just out of curisioty I looked up .41 long colt. Seems Colt was the only maker of the pistol and was adoped by the army turn of the centruy.

Shot a 200 gr bullet and is compared to a .38 spec. in performance. Can still get the ammo for Cowboy guns and shooting. I think maybe it would work in a Judge, but I dont know. they said the gun was made up until the beginning of WWII and nobody ever made any in that caliber BUT COLT.

Even typing errors can lead to Interesting Discoverys...................:D

· Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Sounds like ya got a "Crappy" spot for your bait. I would move out...Out of Sight and up wind !! Put up a game camera and then see what shows up. Make sure ya set the clock so you know what the pattern is. Just a suggestion.

· Premium Member
2,858 Posts
If its not a regular feeding area sometimes it takes a while for them to find it. Even mine for deer and turkey sometimes it takes days. But once one finds it they all seem to know pretty soon. I would have thought crows at least would be the first ones there. Other species tend to follow them in also. Hogs have pretty good noses, like deer. Of course Bear is the TOP smeller, if ya got any of them around ??

· Premium Member
2,858 Posts
I also use those Wally World feeders...work great. Have a photo cell timer. After 24 hrs feed 1/2 after sunup and 1/2 before sundown. A six volt batt lasts a long time. Amount it spreads is adjustable. At first I had one on a tripod but the blamed ***** got up and pried the lid off to get at the corn. Now I hang em from a limb with a small block and tackle. Makes it easy to lower and check/refill.

Dont do what I did at the beginning of Turkey season. Took down the feeder 11 days prior. Sat it in the shop. Couple of days later I went in and there was corn EVERYWHERE.....I forgot to unhook the battery so it kept dispensing twice a day.......what a dumb S**T.

***** like the whole corn also...***** like anything...lol. We throw our table scraps out and put a cam on the pile to see what hauls it off. Possums, *****, crows....And a Red Fox that loves pancakes. When ever there are some out there he always shows up. Will grab one in the mouth and take off with it, and then come back for another. Never stays and eats it there.

· Premium Member
2,858 Posts
I can remember way back when, every Thanksgiving my Mom's bro's and sis's would show up at noon and stay until it was time to clean up and then they would disappear. Like that fox, eat and run, go back for seconds and then disappear until next time.

Mom fooled em...we started eating at 11 AM or we would go out.:D
You know the old saying: Company and Fish start to stink after about 3 days. Sometime sooner than that........:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.