Marlin Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife wanted an Ole Style Country Screen Door for the back of the house.
We checked at a couple home stores but the doors were cheaply built, so I decided to build my own.
It's a much smaller project than building a shooting range but it turned out well and the wife is happy. Now she wants one for the front door. Go figure.
So today I bought the lumber. I'll build the frame this week and then buy the hardware & trim.Total cost is about $200 and 4 days work.

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
Looks great, Greyhawk! Very nice job! Brings back memories of when I was a youngster and I would swing the door open, bail off the side porch letting the door slam shut. That was always quickly followed by my Mom yelling at me....

·
Registered
582 Posts
Nice work. Looks fantastic

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Door #2, for the front of the house, is in the process of being painted. In a couple days, I'll add the screen & hardware, then hang it. I'm living with a happy wife. :))

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great, Greyhawk! Very nice job! Brings back memories of when I was a youngster and I would swing the door open, bail off the side porch letting the door slam shut. That was always quickly followed by my Mom yelling at me....
My Dad was the one that yelled at me. (Don't slam that door)
Now I can let it slam all I want. hehe

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Good work Greyhawk. More skill needed than just scraping up dirt. Wooden doors look and are better than those metal thingys. Bye the way I need a door for my new room ..... :)

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Those doors bring back memories of my Grandmas house with the distinctive sound, of me pulling on the spring just to hear the Twang :D

I screened in my porch back in Ohio and installed a wood screen door.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts