Hornady Ammunition

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by JohnnyLoco, Feb 1, 2012.

1. JohnnyLoco

JohnnyLoco Well-Known Member

A company that shows they care about the progression of Levergun ammunition and capability:

http://www.hornady.com/

2. dmjon8567

dmjon8567 New Member

I just bought a Marlin 336 30/30. My first any type of gun. i have heard Horndy is the best ammo is that true.

3. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

johnny, i just watched the video. very nice! hornady is on the ball with the ammo. i have been using their ammo and bullets for several years now. that 17 hornet looks interesting. i wonder who has a rifle chambered in that round? i am definately going to be checking that one out, as it may be one of the next to look for.

hornady ammo is very good ammo and they are always looking to add performance to their line-up. the Leverrevolution ammo added greater performance to tube magazine type rifles due to the bullet shape. i use the Leverrevolution 44 magnum ammo in my pistol and it shoots great.

4. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

did a little internet searching, and it looks like savage is the only one so far offering a rifle chambered in the new 17 hornet. three different versions of the model 25. i just might have to put this one on my wish list! looks like fun to me.

5. JohnnyLoco

I had some problems eventually with the 160gr 30-30 but the rest of my stuff has been tip-top. I think their 140 GMX might be the best 30-30 ammo ever.

6. dinger1

dinger1 Member

Its good but if you are gonna shoot under 100 yards just use remington corelokts . cheaper and more knockdown at close range, in my gun that is.

7. JohnnyLoco

I was basically giving Hornady props for trying to keep the levergun outfitted with modern ammo.

certainly other ammo works well too.

8. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

I think they lost it here in this link Zombie Ammo?
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQWb-5nblx4[/ame]