Marlin Forums banner

How about the Marlin XT ??

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  72Camaro 
#1 ·
Spied a Marlin XT 17V this morning at the gun shop. Priced at $208. It comes with scope rails, 5 and 7 shot mag., walnut stock (although its blond) sling swivels and wights in at 6lbs. Has anybody got one or shot one ?? I have enough .22s and looks to be a good in-betweener before centerfire. Have had and dont really care for .22mag. The one on the rack looks exactly like this:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I would buy it if I thought my wife would not throw the rest of the gun stuff out the window. I've bought 9 or 10 guns since Obama's been in office and I may need to slow down. Seriously, go get it, I don't think you will be disappointed.
I made it a point NOT to pick it up when I saw it....:rolleyes: If I do and I like the feel, it goes home with me. Expecting a call today on my reloading gear comming in...sooooooooooo. Right now hate to lay out the money I have aside for the 7XV gun in .223 that is on order. I may have to lay hands on it though to check out a complaint I have read about the magazine having a LOOSE fit and causing rounds not to feed properly. The reviews were a while back and maybe they have fixed that issue....will have to see.

Self Control...Self Control.....Yea!! Right......:D

#4 ·
Was back to the shop this afternood. Checked out the .17V. It is used although you can't tell it. Owner said he took it in while in Iowa. The magizine was LOOSE...:( Lots of play side to side and worse yet...Front to Back. Review article said not only the two they tested but also others in other shops showed the same problem. Conversations with the dealers produced the same comments. So I put it back on the rack....That was easy....:D

#5 ·
I bought an XT22M today and my mag is nice and tight, no play at all. Maybe it was in the early production run but I have handled several at different stores and they all felt tight. Fit and finish on the rifle is superb and the trigger once I adjusted it is in the 2lb range.

#7 ·
I bought the XT22M back in Feb. I've had no trouble with my magazine being loose! I love this gun. Put a 4-16x50mm on it and its perfect. Groupings size of a postage stamp at 100yds.
I would still not have a problem picking up a Marlin after shooting one of their 17's. The only thing I didn't like on the other one was the trigger and I thought this model fixed it so it would be closer to a Savage Accutrigger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.