How's your Squirrel Season going?

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by dads81-DL, Sep 30, 2014.

1. dads81-DL

dads81-DL Well-Known Member

I had couple days off from the road, so I took my son out squirrel hunting. 1 grey and I fox squirrel. We seen a cow other fox squirrels and a black squirrel ,but I was hoping they'd com in a bit closer for the boy to shoot. But these will do till our next outing.

Attached Files:

2. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Nothing better than having father/son time out in the woods with a good squirrel gun. :)

3. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

My Labrador chased one up the tree the other day.

4. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

The Bawana (Cameron) is back terrorizing the Squirrel population again. He has took 3 so far this morning, all greys (best eatin). He has gone to the Mossy .410 pump with #4 shot. He took one yesterday with #9 shot but took 2 rounds as he wasnt close enough first shot. He carries the little H&R 9 shot .22 revolver to finish them off.

Attached Files:

5. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Looks like he's ready for anything!!

6. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

If you had not asked I would not have to embarrass myself. I did not get out but a couple times and that was late in the season, late in the day. Then when I finally got enough time to go every day, it got cold and deer hunters tore the hell out of everything, so I stayed home just to be safe. I have one in the freezer and I may just take it and use it for coyote bait in the spring.

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

How's your Squirrel Season going?...

Not bad at all...thanks for asking !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Got a few of these fast fellas too...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. dads81-DL

dads81-DL Well-Known Member

Awfully nice to have a good friend that took my son out a few times squirrel and bunny hunting while I am out on the road.
    My son loves using his 410. His first rabbit was on a dead run, 25 yards out. He also got his first black squirrel.

Attached Files:

10. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

It is going ok now. My supervisor heard I hadn't done very good this year and he had way over limits of rabbit and squirrel so he gave me 4 old bags of shot filled hairy critters frozen in blocks of ice. After I cleaned them I cooked them up in several different recipes, mainly with Uncle Ben's Wild and Long Grain White Rice with stewed tomaters and onions, stuffed in green peppers. Home recipe. Good stuff Maynard.

My boss got the squirrels and I got...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015