Marlin Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had couple days off from the road, so I took my son out squirrel hunting. 1 grey and I fox squirrel. We seen a cow other fox squirrels and a black squirrel ,but I was hoping they'd com in a bit closer for the boy to shoot. But these will do till our next outing.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
My Labrador chased one up the tree the other day.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
The Bawana (Cameron) is back terrorizing the Squirrel population again. He has took 3 so far this morning, all greys (best eatin). He has gone to the Mossy .410 pump with #4 shot. He took one yesterday with #9 shot but took 2 rounds as he wasnt close enough first shot. He carries the little H&R 9 shot .22 revolver to finish them off.

Attachments

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
Looks like he's ready for anything!!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
If you had not asked I would not have to embarrass myself. I did not get out but a couple times and that was late in the season, late in the day. Then when I finally got enough time to go every day, it got cold and deer hunters tore the hell out of everything, so I stayed home just to be safe. I have one in the freezer and I may just take it and use it for coyote bait in the spring.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
It is going ok now. My supervisor heard I hadn't done very good this year and he had way over limits of rabbit and squirrel so he gave me 4 old bags of shot filled hairy critters frozen in blocks of ice. After I cleaned them I cooked them up in several different recipes, mainly with Uncle Ben's Wild and Long Grain White Rice with stewed tomaters and onions, stuffed in green peppers. Home recipe. Good stuff Maynard.

My boss got the squirrels and I got...

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts