Marlin Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
560 Posts
Tell you mates the calling was good enough to bring my wife in to check on me as I was watching the video. She thought I might have been choking :) I also heard what sounded like a nervous chickaree squirrel chattering. Do you fellas hunt tree rats like we do in the US?

I think you almost need the size and stealth of a bobcat to sneak up on one of those Sambar deer ;) Pretty thick country to be dragging a large man's frame through without snapping a lot of twigs and such.

Thanks for the entertaining education about you quarry and area you hunt. Doesn't seem much different than hunting & calling elk in the rut here, except the "beam me up" acts.

· Registered
560 Posts
Tree Rats = Squirrels. Reds, Greys, Chickarees, Tassel-Earred and the like depending upon where in the US a fella lives. Colloquial term by some of us ********; sorry to mislead your line of thought.

Looks like the Sambar gives quite a challenge. Best wishes for much success in your pursuits of the beasts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.