Marlin Forums banner

Introduction/Teaching Rifle

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Bucky 
#1 ·
Here is my little Henry "Mini Bolt". Got it when my first grandson started to learn about guns and shooting. Served both grandson well and now my 8 yr old grandaughter is learning on it.

It is stainless....with composite stock. Weights about 2.5 lbs. 16.25" bbl. Has a slide positive saftey plus have to cock the bolt by pulling it rearward. Single Shot. Fires .22 lr, ls, and s. Comes with Williams fiber optic sights and can be drilled and tapped for scope using Henry cantaleavered rail.'

Nice shooting rifle, and accurate. Stock with a 3 lb. Trigger. Option is to mount the ole 24X on it ......whatta ya think..................:p

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Sweet little rifle.
Many years ago, I enjoyed the sport of **** Hunting. That little rifle would have been perfect. Light weight, easy to carry, accurate, durable and weather resistant.
Thanks for sharing.

#11 ·
It's 11.5" Windy
Hmmm.........very nice.

I don't own any rifles and I don't shoot rifles very well. I am very short and any rifle I've ever shot is too long for me and I have trouble shouldering it properly and if it is scoped I can't get close enough to the scope to use it. I have handled a Henry Lever youth model and it fit me quite well. 11.5 would be a great LOP for me. I wish I could shoot this rifle and see how I do with it. I would love to own a .22 rifle for plinking.

#12 ·
Of the two Windy, The youth model Lever Henry has a 13" LOP, the barrell is 16.125" long and it weighs in at about 4.5 lbs. It only comes blued but has a walnut stock. I have the full sized one and they are nice rifles.

Price on the Mini Bolt....MSRP.....$250, Youth Lever......$350

Just my opinion but I think you would get more for your money in the Lever Action.

If you were closer you would be more than welcome to shoot mine.........:)

#13 ·
SWO1 Great concept
I was thinking of doing a similar thing with a 10 y.o. grandson, who has Ashpergers Syndrome., a form of ADD
I HAVE DONE THIS TO INSPIRE HIM, and to he thin to aim for something.

I can get him a Junior Permit at 12 y.o., but only if he wants to !
Maybe he will he handed a .22 Marlin Rimfire, to be kept at Poppy's place

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.