Marlin Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sleeve Grey Rectangle Font Electric blue

Greetings - I bought this fine 1948 39a off Gunbroker a couple of months ago, and have shot it twice. What a great gun.

No issues with firing, ejecting, etc. It works great.

On the first trip to the range I put maybe 30 rounds through it, and on the second, another 30. Today I decided to clean it for the first time.

I got it open just fine, and extracted the bolt assembly. The takedown video I was watching said locking down the extractor is next. I followed the directions, yet the extractor did not lock down. I turned the locking rivet in both directions, yet nothing at all happened.

Finally, I looked closely at the extractor, and it appears that its tip is not uniform. As though possibly it is missing its end piece. I got on the web, and found a photo of what I think it a 39a extractor, and assuming it's a 39a extractor, well it appears my extractor is a 1/16" or so short.

Take a look at the photos and tell me what you think. As mentioned, the extractor works fine doing its main job, extracting......but I need it to lock down in order to clean the bore.

Thoughts? thanks much - Richard

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle door Automotive design Bumper

Automotive tire Fluid Liquid Wood Plant

Boat Naval architecture Watercraft Vehicle Hood

Richa
Automotive tire Wood Automotive exterior Vehicle door Bumper

Liquid Water Automotive tire Fluid Wood

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a vintage replacement ejector, and when it arrives I will install it.

It looks - visually anyway - that you remove the two screws on the outside of the receiver, and then the ejector unit comes out. If anyone has a better idea for installation, let me know!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts