It was a peaceful Spring Afternoon ......AND THEN

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by SWO1, May 7, 2015.

1. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

The wife and myself were sitting on the back screened in porch playing a little two handed game of cards. The grand Kids two dogs started barking in the back of my daughters house. She was home alone. After 10 straight minutes of the non stop barking my wife went to investigate.

She came hurrying back and said .... Havoc and Benny have a HUGE snake cornered against a tree. The Snake is striking at them when they come close. She said it was Black and HUGE .....

In less than a minute we hear ....KABOOM..KABOOM..KABOOM..KABOOM..KABOOM .................... :eek:

I go back and threre is a Very Large Rat Snake. He (or she) was at least 5' long and thick. They are non-posion but have teeth and will bite you. My daughter had emptied her .357 at him .....THE SNAKE WAS UNINJURED .....lol and wasnt gonna leave. She had went back in to RELOAD and when she opened the cylinder it just fell out. She had lost the screw that secures the Crane to the frame ....... :D:D

Being Quick Witted I said .... Now you know why you want to make the first shot count, ya never know when you will have a malfunction. Now you are at the mercy of the snake ... :p

I told her to leave it alone as it is a good snake, eats field mice, wood rats, birds, and other small rodents. If ya screw with it it will take a chunk out of you.

Now I have to call Taurus and get a screw. In the meantime she is unarmed, and no I wont lend her one of mine, she asked but I said if ya dont take care of yours I DA** well know you wont take care of mine. When you cleaned it probably didnt secure the screw properly.

2. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

The expression "never a dull moment" comes to mind.

3. Truckman

Truckman Well-Known Member

If she missed a HUGE snake 5 times, she needs to spend a few more days at the range.
    But yeah, leave him alone, he's a "good" snake.

4. Mauserhooked

Mauserhooked Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind your snake making a house call at my compost pile for a while. The field rats have set up a condo in there. Time to thin out the herd!

5. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

I had a one by my air conditioning unit it wuld have been an easy target for the 11-87 if it wasn't so close to the house.

6. SWO1

I called Taurus this Morning and they are sending one at NO COST. And if she thinks she really needs one before hers is fixed I will lend her one of mine. I use the .410 on copper heads and rattle snakes around here. #6 shot does a J.O.B on em at a safe distance. Inside of 10-12' will take the head right off.

7. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

That's good news and good customer support from Taurus :)

8. Mauserhooked

Mauserhooked Well-Known Member

Yes, Taurus earned an "Attaboy" for great customer service!

9. SWO1

First time Ive used the service. They have a lifetime support that follows the gun not the owner. Also free shipping back and forth, Just like Rock Island.

A little lock-tite on the screw(s) and dont have that problem anymore ..... :eek:

10. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member

LOL now this is the perfect example a semi auto fanboy with a 30 round magazine will use as why a revolver just might not be enough. Like is said under stress our shooting ability is less than usual.
    Since the snake didn't take any hits was there anything else destroyed by that bad to the bone 357? LOL did she even hit the tree?