Marlin Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm having a jamming problem in my 1926 marlin 94 in .38-40 cal. I don't believe it's is the dreaded marlin jam problem, though. My problem i think has more to do with carrier rocker's function. I'm not getting the second round flooding into the chamber like you get in the normal marlin jam. What is happening to me is the round comes into the chamber and the carrier seems to drop down enough so the cartridge doesn't stay lined up so it can be pushed into chamber. It's like weight of the round is too heavy and the carrier is being pushed down. Isn't the job of the rocker to hold the carrier up long enough so the bolt can then push the round into the chamber? As far as my rocker goes i can push it back and forth in the carrier but it doesn't have any return spring pressure. Not sure if mine is supposed to have a spring or not, but it doesn't feel like it does. just remains in what ever position i leave it. may have to take the gun apart and pull the rocker to see if there is supposed to be a spring or if it's damaged. But just wondering if any of you have any thoughts to my problem. thanks joe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe, but i think my problem has something to do with my rocker. Was just hoping someone on here had dealt with the different types of carrier/rockers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts