Marlin Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well about 5 years ago I bought my first marlin. A pre Remington 1894 in 44 mag. New I'd like it, but gotta say I love the thing, a great size and great short range caliber.
Anyway, that sooner turned into a want of an 1895 45/70. Eventually I found an older one (pre cross bolt safety), in better than average condition. Where I live I don't have a lot of need for it but I just wanted one.

So now I've been offered a 1895 in 444. Haven't ever been after one, but the price is quite good, and they aren't real common, so I gave the guy a deposit.
I have also put active feelers out for a model 39a, like I said. Lever guns are addictive.

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
Y'all are right! I'm down to just one now. I have a 30 caliber carbine Levermatic. I have 6 grandsons, so you can guess where they went.

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
I'm a legend in my own mind! Lol. I just wanted to see them enjoy it while I was living, so it was sort of stingy on my part.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Couldn't think of anyone better to give them to, sons or grandsons. Then they have a little piece of family history that is as good as treasure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts