Marlin Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Having watched the President and Vice President today on his announcement on the much anticipated release of his "Gun Control" panel findings and his proposed solution I came away with this impression:

Number 1 thing was his admission that ANY Federal ban weather it be on actual weapons, magizines, ect would have to be a Bill passed by Congress. Also included in this was a mandatory background check for ALL sales, transfers of firearms. Looking at the members of Congress, their record as of the last 4 years leaves me LOL. I don't direct this at every single individual but to the body as a whole.

His list of Executive Actions actualy contains some good points. Although none are NEW inovative ways to curtail the violance, rather stating what ALREADY SHOULD BE HAPPINING given the current laws and regulations in existance.

Some are mearly pointing to MORE studies and suggestions to various agencies and industry to do more. One glaring example is "7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign." I assume he is referring to some GOVERMENT COMMISSION OR NEW AGENCY. I believe this is already addressed Pretty Darn Well by an Organization comprised of experts in the field known as the NRA.

All in all looks like the Chicken Littles of the Pro Gun and 2nd Admendment groups looked up and got BIRD CRAP in the eye......:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
1.Perhaps Chairman O and the DOJ could do a study of where all there assault weapons went during fast & furious
2. Conduct a study of number of armed felons cross over from Mexico per day
3. Do a study of time lapse between 911 call and arrival of first responders vs. time between shots fired and an armed teacher or custodian blowing some maniacs brains out in the Cafeteria.
No study of #3 is required as a real case scerino exists:

A person with not 1 but 2 restraining orders continues to harras and terrorize my daughter. Death threats are made and threats to burn her house down with her and the kids in it. Local authorities cannot catch him. About 4 weeks prior to this he had been arrested in a county next to ours for illigal possession of a firearm. He is held 24 hours and let go with a court date 3 weeks out. Of course he was a NO SHOW. A warrent, state wide, was issued for ARMED AND DANGEROUS. At 1800 on a friday evening he confronts her and her 11 year old son in a grocery store in town. The 11 year old reacts quickly, locks himself in the bathrom and calls 911 on the cell phone. The store is located approx. 1 mile from the town police station and the same from the county sheriffs office. It is 25 minutes until an officer responds. In that 25 minutes she kept him at length with her shopping cart and conversation. Unable to retreat as she was pinned in a back corner of the store. The responder was AN OFF DUTY offier who was working on his car at home and heard the calls on his scanner in the car.

With 2 Law Enforcement Agencys within 1 mile protection and help is a LIFETIME away. She now carries a .357 AND I GUARENTEE SHE KNOWS HOW TO USE IT. Self Defense is now seconds (less than 3) at hand. My grandson(s) also are becomming proficient in case they have to take it up in another situation as this one. We live 14 miles from those LEOs. THAT IS WHAT THE 2ND ADMENDMENT IS ABOUT !! I have consulted two criminal lawyers and the Sheriff and all said She was within her legal right in Missouri under this circumstance to have IMMIDEATLY SHOT HIM on his approach, at home, in town, in church, in front of the school, anywhere. He didnt have to show a weapon, or make a threat at that time. She had all reason to believe her life was in danger.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.