Marlin Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up a 1998 vintage Model 60 SB. The rifle is in fine shape but I want to make some changes. The plan is a good cleaning and polishing of the internals, a steel magazine follower, mount a 4x scope in silver, change out the the plastic trigger guard to the DIP with the DIP trigger. I refinished a Model 60 stock for another rifle a very dark stain and will use that one on this SB and refinish this one a more classic look for that other rifle.

I also want to find a new front sight insert for the ramp. It is currently the orange plastic insert that measures 0.370" wide and 0.300" tall. I'm thinking just a white bead Marbles or a similar.

Pics as is and others to follow as I move along. Busy weekend for kids sports, and I'll be taking my time.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
That's a sharp looking gun. Can't wait until you refinish it! Don't forget pictures.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cleaned and polished the innards. Mounted the scope, and changed out the trigger guard. I couldn't use the stock I wanted (quickly anyway) from my 1983 year. It is a darker finish but doesn't have the last shot hold open hole in it. So I took the finished stock from a 1984 vintage. Didn't take long, just hadn't gotten around to it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Revisit - different stock, my 14 year old daughter loves this rifle, so now it's her's. She's hitting golf balls on a string from 50 yds with CCI Standard Velocity.

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
Exceptional job,Mon! No wonder your daughter loves it. Your lucky to have a daughter like that. I have a wife, daughter and granddaughter who like to shoot.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Very nicely done! Looks fantastic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts