Marlin Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know the value of a 1894FG in 41 mag. Condition is like new. I know they are rare like hens teeth.

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
There is one for $480

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a .41 mag? they are selling for $1,200 to 1,500 because they are so rare.

I just left the LGS and if you can find one, that is what they are going for.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually have one. A dealer I know, knows I have it and has been after it for several years. He was at $1,200 but I did not part with it. When they do show up on auction, they go for more than that. He wanted it for his personal collection.

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
I would have kept it too.If their hard to find the price probably has gone up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Im just saying somebodies trying to make money if I have seen them around $700.If you can find them

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx?item=1894

>
>
That's a .44 mag not the FG. As above…haven't been made in 15 years. I lucked into mine a few years ago - a minty one. Been tempted to let it go with the prices being what they are but if nothing else, I just like seeing it in the gunroom.

·
Registered
226 Posts
1894fg

I shoulda bought one when they came out, to go with my 41 Blackhawk, but I passed, been kicking myself ever since.:mad:
I ended up with a 375 Marlin instead, which is no slouch. But I have to carry two kinds of ammo.
Hunting the tight Coastal Timbers of Western Washington, the 41 mag out of a 20" barrel is plenty good to 100 yds:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Been looking for an 1894FG or SS for awhile as I kinda collect 41 Mags.
On Gunbroke they go for $1100 to 1500 and up, and I'm not paying over a grand for one. (I'm already "Gunbroke".) Saw an 1894 CCL go for 1500 Sunday. It was #811 of 1000 made with an octagon barrel. Oh well, I'll keep lookiing. :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Been looking for an 1894FG or SS for awhile as I kinda collect 41 Mags.
On Gunbroke they go for $1100 to 1500 and up, and I'm not paying over a grand for one. (I'm already "Gunbroke".)
Sometimes the happiness in having the gun Or other item) is worth FAR more than the $.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts