Marlin 1895 450 marlin

Discussion in 'Other Marlin Rifles' started by jnhfrahm, Nov 23, 2012.

1. jnhfrahm

jnhfrahm Member

I have a chance to get the gun in the picture with out that scope for $475. I really don't have a need for this large of a caliber but man a live I want this real bad. Is this a good price? I have done a lot of research on the Internet and found some for $600. But there is not alot out there that i can find for sale. I just don't want to let a good deal go be. Even though I don't "need" it.

Attached Files:

2. jnhfrahm

jnhfrahm Member

Made in 2004. After more research it looks like a basic starting price for it.

3. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

Nice deal,Please tell me your going to get rid of those see thru scope mounts

4. jnhfrahm

jnhfrahm Member

Well the price is $475 with out them. I was thinking of just using iron sights and leave a scope off it for now. Price is $525 with them and a 4x scope. Thanks for the feedback. I want it and that helps me to "talk" the wife into it. :)

5. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

Yeah that's a good price for a .450. You don't need any other reason than you' want it' to buy a new rifle.

6. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I'm not fond of the see-thru rings except to gain the extra height when using a 50mm scope. Looks like that scope is pretty close to the rear sight. It's a personal choice and if it works for you, go for it. ;)

7. 1895gunner

1895gunner Well-Known Member

Did you get it? I sure do like my 1895M....

1895gunner

8. JohnnyLoco

JohnnyLoco Well-Known Member

9. jbaker30

jbaker30 Active Member

Buy it. Thats a great price. Marlin does not make them anymore. Please use iron sights. A scope is just not right on these guns.