Marlin Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to drag out the Marlin Model 60 this morning. Havn't shot it for years. It has taken a lot of tree rats and bunnies. put about 40 rounds of Fed Auto Match thru to warm it up and see how the iron sights, and my eyes, were at 25 yds. Had to use all the elevation down as far as it would go and still was 1" low. Put up a 6" BIG orange sticker with a 1" black center. 10 rounds of the Auto Match and 1"+ group to the right a little. Then switched to CCI AR Tactical. Both are listed at 1200 fps at the muzzle. The CCI shot low also BUT .... a lot tighter group. Both are 40 gr but the CCI is copper washed. Never had a FTF or jam with either.

The Auto match only had 2 touching out of 10. I think all 10 of the CCI were touching. Hard to tell what it would do with a scope, never had one one it.

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Before someone calls me on this so I will fess up. On my way to get some maters from a friend (mine havnt turned yet) the LIGHT BULB CAME ON. Goes to show you what not messing with iron sights for quite some time will do to ya. I was moving the rear DOWN, that moves the POI down .....:eek:. Bottomed out is was just a little low at 25 yards. Easy fix for the rifle, but no fix for me ....... LOL

· Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to say, 25 yards is the "OUTER LIMITS" for my eyes. Front sight blade is ok but the bull is a blur. Can't believe I used to shoot National Match rifles in the USMC out to 600 yards with Post and Aperture sights with just eyes. Now you would have to MAIL me a picture from out there. If new shooters could only look thru my eyes they would know what "Focus on the Front Sight" really means. Target and rear sight can be fuzzy but front sight blade HAS to be CLEAR and focused on. Same goes for the cross hairs, with or without a target dot on scopes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.