Marlin Forums banner

Marlin 60 question

5K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  jtmcdermott 
#1 ·
I noticed something about my new model 60. When I hold the rifle with my left hand, just under the barrel and shake it gently, it rattles as if something is loose. Normal?
:confused:

#3 ·
It could be anything but without see it my self it hard to say,check to make sure your magazine tube is locked in securely and both of the take down screws are tight in the stock with a 9/64 allen wrench refer to your manual

#6 ·
lingr, you are right about the charging handle, it is much looser than my Ruger but this feels like tube or barrel. I can hear it and feel it in the wood. I will look at tightening up the take down screws and the allen wrench screw.

Thanks and I'll keep you posted.

#10 ·
I think I'm bringing my XT and model 60 out to NJ for one final day at the range with a buddy of mine. He is getting ready to emancipate himself from the prison state of NJ for Oregon so I won't see hime for a while. He always gives me the run down on the dos and don'ts when traveling in NJ with my rifles. I wasn't a gun owner growing up there so I never thought about it. It's amazing what people are conditioned to accepting. NJ gun control laws are amazingly out of control.

I'm glad that's all it was. Nice when its something simple. Now get out there and shoot that thing. :)

#11 ·
Trip to NJ

Yea, I think I'm bringing my XT and model 60 out to NJ for one final day at the range with a buddy of mine. He is getting ready to emancipate himself from the prison state of NJ for Oregon so I won't see hime for a while. He always gives me the run down on the dos and don'ts when traveling in NJ with my rifles. I wasn't a gun owner growing up there so I never thought about it. It's amazing what people are conditioned to accepting. NJ gun control laws are amazingly out of control.

I'm glad that's all it was. Nice when its something simple. Now get out there and shoot that thing. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.