Marlin 795

Discussion in 'Marlin Rimfires' started by turkeyoak, Mar 27, 2012.

1. 72Camaro

72Camaro Well-Known Member

As far as scopes and accuracy, the .22 is really all done by about 75 yds. Check the arc to see where to sight for the best average. Pay attention to have the center of the scope above the center of the barrel accurate. We do have a guy called "Big Dog" at our range that has confirmed kills of prairie dog type creatures at over 300yds, but that is really an exception.

http://ballisticscalculator.winchester.com/

2. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

There are ways of honing it to a lighter state of being, but I prefer to just get a DIP trigger guard/adjustable target trigger combo...
    the angle gives it a lighter FEEL...and it has a certain amount of adjustability...use a 3.5" floppy disk spring for your return spring!!

Available in Black or Silver!! Tell 'em Big Shrek sent ya!!
    http://www.diproductsinc.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3603

3. 72Camaro

I just sent the link to my daughter, it's her gun, to see if she will spring for it. 3.5" floppy disc, I think I've thrown all mine away, I use to have lots of them.

4. jsmerk

jsmerk New Member

Another newbie here. Just bought mine, still in the box. I'm an older guy, in my 50's, and had assumed I would add a scope. I have also heard much positive about the after-market tech-peep sights. I am near sighted but see at distance fine. I'd like to hear from folks who've used the tech sites and also from those with a sight to recommend. I've kind of set my max price at $150, the price of the gun, but naturally would prefer to get it done for less, say $75 max, if possible. Many thanks. The enthusiasm in this group is contagious!

5. dalefan88

dalefan88 Well-Known Member

Shot my 795 for the first time today. Love it. Need to get a scope and maybe a bipod.

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Welcome to the Marlin Firearms Forum jsmerk and dalefan88 !!

7. pearlygates

pearlygates Member

Love affair with my 795 continues!

8. 72Camaro

I'd love to hear what ammo you were using. I've found the big box bulk stuff is not that accurate to do that kind of shooting.

9. chetrais

chetrais New Member

Good morning.

Does anyone know where I can find a speed loader for the 795?
    I picked up two 25 rd mags and it is quite a chore to load them.

Thanks

10. DocNugent

DocNugent Member

11. chetrais

chetrais New Member

Thanks doc.

I just received two pro mag 25 rounders and in general, they are ok.
    One mag fed reliably for 100 rds. The other had a failure to feed one time each through the first two Times used, after that it was fine. The last shot hold open did NOT work on either.

12. Underdog

Underdog Member

MidwayUSA had the factory SS 10 rounders in stock, I've been searching for a few extra. Placed my order and they shipped.

13. RIFLEMAN97

RIFLEMAN97 Well-Known Member

Thanks saved me some $$ on eBay looking for xt 22 mags